It’s all lies I tell you lies!… (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
our poppy lll
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
SO NOW THE PRETTY FLAMINGO EXPLAINS WHAT TO DO…. I SIMPLY MAKE THE BED WITH THE BEDDING AND THE CREASES COME OUT ON THEIR OWN, SHE SAID “WHY ARE YOU IRONING NON IRON BEDDING” READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND NO WAY CAN YOU HAVE 2 HOURS RUMPY PUMPY IN COMPENSATION ITS YOUR OWN STUPID FAULT FOR NOT THINKING LIKE A WOMAN… MEN! AND WHY HAS OUR SHEETS GOT TYRE MARKS UP AND DOWN THE MIDDLE OF THEM!…
HELP?

OP
OP
our poppy lll
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Unfortunately I can’t comment as ironing is a PINK job in our house along with washing and cleaning, I do the BLUE jobs unless there’s one I don’t like then it becomes a pink one 😉
I thought that was a brilliant suggestion, so I approached my pretty flamingo, not wanting to infringe on your copyright I went for Green and Yellow! It went like this “My pretty flamingo, shall we colour code the chores, I’ll do the green ones you do the yellow ones. Good idea eh!”
“But sweetie” she said “through the black eyes and red blood running nose you won’t see any green things”…
I decided that was not the way to go!

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I’ve just spent the best part of 2 hours ironing motorhome bedding, the bedding I bought from Dunelm last year when we bought our new poppylll motorhome, that clearly stated “Non Iron” bedding if the bedding has lots of creases and needs ironing how can it be non iron.. now my pretty flamingo and I like a crisp flat sheet, no creases. We like to climb into a bed and snuggle down after a hard day of sight seeing, touring, eating and drinking and generally making a nuisance of ourselves, (age allows that) so now we’re are off again to create mayhem and merriment across the water! I got the bedding ready. To my shock and horror, (I don’t like ironing) there in full view, creases, lots and lots of creases.
Now do Dunelm mean the sheets don’t crease so you don’t need to iron them or do they mean, hell so they crease, chuck em on your bed and ignore the creases, so non iron!.
To prove it here is my creased sheets..View attachment 882531View attachment 882532
My goodness never ever iron its a waste of a life.......its why people have robotic cleaners and lawn mowers

Top tip get the pillowcases and sheets give then a good shake, the place on the breakfast bar and 'hand iron' that will get most of the creases out whilst damp, hang them to dry and hey presto 90% of the creases have gone

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Have you considered non-iron possibly means DONT iron.
they could have burst into flames at the touch of an iron and you'd have no come back.
I don't think we have an iron.
I find creases fall out on their own over time.
indeed some may contain too much nylon.....

OP
OP
our poppy lll
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
My goodness never ever iron its a waste of a life.......its why people have robotic cleaners and lawn mowers

Top tip get the pillowcases and sheets give then a good shake, the place on the breakfast bar and 'hand iron' that will get most of the creases out whilst damp, hang them to dry and hey presto 90% of the creases have gone
I don’t think people understand… I bought non iron bedding! The whole idea was NOT to Iron!

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
A whole 2 minutes……this is obviously including time for foreplay! :unsure:
And the fag afterwards?

My late Mother ironed everything. Towels, tea towels, handkerchiefs ( seven times, full size, fold in half, iron again, fold, iron etc). I almost had trouser type creases on my Y fronts. I used to hide my jeans!

OP
OP
our poppy lll
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
I knew someone would solve this problem
IMG_0577.png

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
For me, these Non iron sheets sound a bit like Non alchohol beer ... they probably cost more than the real thing and I'll never know if they work or not because I like proper beer. I realise that doesn't help you much, about as much as your non iron sheets I suspect.

😹

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
And the fag afterwards?

My late Mother ironed everything. Towels, tea towels, handkerchiefs ( seven times, full size, fold in half, iron again, fold, iron etc). I almost had trouser type creases on my Y fronts. I used to hide my jeans!
That reminds me of the time my Mum visited and I was about to do the ironing but she insisted that she wanted to do it whilst I washed up ... BIG MISTAKE ... she put creases down hubby's jeans! :rofl:

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
That reminds me of the time my Mum visited and I was about to do the ironing but she insisted that she wanted to do it whilst I washed up ... BIG MISTAKE ... she put creases down hubby's jeans! :rofl:
Could have been worse, Mum might have scrubbed your best non stick pan back to a sparkling silver finish!! ;).
Mike.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Could have been worse, Mum might have scrubbed your best non stick pan back to a sparkling silver finish!! ;).
Mike.
No fear of that, every time she did the washing up I had to re-do most of it! :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
No fear of that, every time she did the washing up I had to re-do most of it! :giggle:
In my younger days a had sets of certain garments in pure silk

They were in the basket to be washed by hand. So I would do all sets together. When I got h9me from work.

The ladies will understand.

My mother called into my house to check it was sound. as I was away working and thought she'd do me a favour and put a load in the washing machine

I never had the heart to tell her that she had cooked and turned grey my very expensive undies bought from a Paris boutique at nearly a weeks wages each.

Keeping quiet was even harder when she brought me some 100% cotton replacements from M&S :crying::crying:😭

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back