It’s all lies I tell you lies!… (1 Viewer)

Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
I’ve just spent the best part of 2 hours ironing motorhome bedding, the bedding I bought from Dunelm last year when we bought our new poppylll motorhome, that clearly stated “Non Iron” bedding if the bedding has lots of creases and needs ironing how can it be non iron.. now my pretty flamingo and I like a crisp flat sheet, no creases. We like to climb into a bed and snuggle down after a hard day of sight seeing, touring, eating and drinking and generally making a nuisance of ourselves, (age allows that) so now we’re are off again to create mayhem and merriment across the water! I got the bedding ready. To my shock and horror, (I don’t like ironing) there in full view, creases, lots and lots of creases.
Now do Dunelm mean the sheets don’t crease so you don’t need to iron them or do they mean, hell so they crease, chuck em on your bed and ignore the creases, so non iron!.
To prove it here is my creased sheets..
IMG_0574.jpeg
IMG_0573.jpeg

OP
OP
our poppy lll
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Perhaps it means that they are not ironed, you have to do it yourself?
Nope..it definitely said “Non Iron”, it did not say they are “Not Ironed” so you have to slave over a hot iron and do a DIY job. Nope not letting dunelm off that easy. Even if you have a million shares in their company .. nope..
if it says none iron, I expected to pick up the sheets and there not be a crease in sight. Make the bed, flat, I expect to go to bed and wake up 8 hours later and as I climb out of bed, the bed looks freshly made, flat as a pancake, crisp and clean an even.

OP
OP
our poppy lll
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
My DIL irons because she finds it relaxing. My mum used to iron AND STARCH anything she could. My handkerchiefs had to be unfolded because they were so stiff. That's how I got my red nose!!
If your DIL loves ironing, when they release her from the asylum maybe you’d like to send her here to do our ironing, or you could send her to Dunelm and teach them what a ironed sheet really looks like!
I really don’t know what disturbs me most.. the fact someone actually likes ironing or the fact that because they like ironing they ain’t living with me!
Do remember, I bought non iron sheets purely because I HATE IRONING!!!.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Now we are getting proper advise. I like proper advise, question? should I reverse or go forward? Should I load up the 4.5t motorhome or just rely on its natural weight?
I find one pass in each direction works fine, no need to add any load, but if on Michelins make sure their at the recommended 80psi.
Mike.

OP
OP
our poppy lll
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
I think I see the cause of the problem....
4 sheets, 8 pillow cases, 4 pillow protectors, 2 quilt covers, 2 mattress covers. My eyes are swivelling just like a Labour MPs does.. yep you saw the problem. I’ve gone nuts. My sister in law came for dinner last night, she said it’s nice to see a man who LIKES ironing.
I’ll be using a lot of chilli flakes next time she comes for dinner…

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
our poppy lll
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
You iron bedding, how weird is that.
Mmm I think you lost the plot, I bought “NON IRON BEDDING” I had to iron it to get the creases out!
I ironed non iron bedding that’s the real weird thing….

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Swmbo irons pillow cases. I don't know why. I lived solo for 10 years between marriages and never ironed anything. In fact I have never ironed anything ever and have no intention of ever doing so. Can't see any point , creases are either coming out or getting worse whatever you do.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
our poppy lll
Jul 7, 2023
Funster No
MH
swift Kon tiki 794 G
Sod ironing the sheets! :oops:
The only reason I make my bed in the morning is just in case I get a surprise visitor! Otherwise I’d slide out of bed and lob the quilt back in the general direction of the bed! :giggle:(y)
that’s the point of non iron sheets, you wake up, get out of bed and it’s all made and looks pretty for surprise visitors.
Its the nanobots in the sheet, they are programmed to straighten out the fibres and automatically make themselves flat straight and neat!
Have I been watching too many sci-fi films?

Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Have you tried ‘crease release’ its made by lenor.. spray then stretch/pull the item and the creases disappear .. you could do that as you make the bed up 👍🏼

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
My lovely younger sister who died just before Christmas was very religious and was adamant that god hadn’t put her on earth to make clothes flat! As I don’t want her to strike me down with a thunderbolt I plan on continuing to follow her advice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back