Is wilding on the Costa Blanca coming to an end? (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Plenty of aires around to use. I met admit theres nothing nicer than wakening up to a sea view though.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
by any stretch of the imagination, motorhomes in that photo are not 'wilding'.
as the newspaper said, they are parked up illegally..

and if this is true, it is disgusting and quite unacceptable ..

In addition to the issues of parking, local people have also denounced many of the campers for dumping waste and rubbish on the roads and in the nearby sand dunes."

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
The same in Calpe, was on the Calpe fb group today, that the local council are introducing a by law for the same. There are quite a few comments stating that the spanish caravan and motorhome club will be challenging these proposals, but as anyone who knows Spain will know, irrespective of the national road traffic laws for parking camping etc. the local ayuntiamentos are quite autonomous and the Policia Local are controlled by them. Argue with them at your peril, but it would likely cost you more than the fine to challenge it.

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
We love a bit of wild camping and are currently on the Costa Blanca but must support local councils were folk just park up on roads and residential areas and take over. I’m afraid you will always get those who spoil it for senseable campers

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We spent night before last near La Marina, a few vans in an off road parking area causing no problem.
I assume the real problem is in the main winter months the inundated with idiots thinking they can just stop anywhere.
I do get peed off with these articals blaming the Motorhomes for leaving rubbish. I never seen a Motorhome leave rubbish behind. Always the locals and day trippers you see throwing rubbish out of their cars before driving off.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
The same in Calpe, was on the Calpe fb group today, that the local council are introducing a by law for the same. There are quite a few comments stating that the spanish caravan and motorhome club will be challenging these proposals, but as anyone who knows Spain will know, irrespective of the national road traffic laws for parking camping etc. the local ayuntiamentos are quite autonomous and the Policia Local are controlled by them. Argue with them at your peril, but it would likely cost you more than the fine to challenge it.

I did a response to their consultation document, as have a lot of Spanish Autocaravanistas Federation members, pointing out the national Spanish law which they have to comply with, and which outlaws discrimination against any one class of vehicle being parked where other classes of vehicles may legally park.

My/our suggestion is simply to properly enforce the existing Spanish national law: - any motorhome which is not simply "parked" (which is legal in any place where others can) but which instead shows any evidence of "camping"... On ramps, stabisers down, steps out, chairs our, any leakage of liquids, hinged windows open, washing out, generator out, etc etc ....... Gets the immediate fine for camping in a place not designed as a camping area, and is ordered to leave that location.

Problem resolved without any need to try to break national law with some illegal local regulations which would be thrown out the first time any local court judge considered an appeal by anyone who'd been given an unlawful fine whilst being legally parked.

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
013488BB-7945-4B47-B0DF-B6A7CF9F56F2.jpeg
This just posted this evening on a motorhome fb Group, seems a purge is in the offing.

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Not surprised that this is happening. It's a shame that it's necessary but it was getting too much in some places with abuse of the laws.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back