Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Sep 11, 2018
N Wales nr Chester
Funster No
MH
Fiat Scudo Nu Ventur
Exp
16yrs

I WAS going to ask for your recommendations rather than online (? Fake ?) ones - for lithium leisure batteries - my intentions are to change out from the (heavy) not very efficient lead acid batteries​

(3 x 110Ah) at present in my PVC to one or two 12v 100Ah lithium batteries -​

There seems to be a plethora of different capacities and makes (some I've never heard of.
I read that one member has gone for

KS-LT100B 12v 100AH Super Series Bluetooth lithium leisure battery​

Ā£599.00 incl. tax*,​

within the field of makes etc; is this a "good" reliable company to purchase from and is this a "good" buy ?​

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
There is Fogstar, they are a good company with good spec batteries and they give discount for MF members (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Garratt

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Miskin
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer D55+
Exp
Since 2017
I've got a KS Energy battery and have been happy with it so far.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
KSenergy, Fogstar and Roamer all seem to have excellent reviews. It's worth comparing prices and specs as they all differ slightly.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
There is Fogstar, they are a good company with good spec batteries and they give discount for MF members (y)
Do they still give a discount? I noticed yesterday they have' restructured' their battery prices and the Fogstar Friday discount doesn't apply to Leisure batteries any longer šŸ¤·

Oct 31, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Carthago T149
Exp
Since 2016
When I bought my battery a couple of months ago they did the Fogstar friday, but aside from that they did offer a discount for MF members ( you could only use one offer ) I dont know if they have stopped one or both offers but certainly worth asking them as it makes a fair difference.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Do they still give a discount? I noticed yesterday they have' restructured' their battery prices and the Fogstar Friday discount doesn't apply to Leisure batteries any longer šŸ¤·
They were giving 15% looks like prices have come down 8% but no discount now. Still good prices.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
I have 2 X 200ah KS Bluetooth ones.
Very happy with them. The apps a little "clunky" but so was the app on my prev polinovel ones.

KS were giving funster discount too

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
I would be tempted to go for 1 x 200 ah lithium rather than 2 x 100 ah, for price and sizing.

My 200 ah lithium was Ā£649 and I dont have blue tooth, but Ā£30 enabled me to have the read outs next to the battery so I just have to look rather than turn my phone on.

I have no idea if it is any good or not, how long it will last, what the make up is, all i know is that it was significantly cheaper than pretty much everything else (and I like that) and it came within 3 or 4 days.

Here is the link for mine, somebody can now tell me I bought a dud !

Amazon product ASIN B0B612H28W

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
I would be tempted to go for 1 x 200 ah lithium rather than 2 x 100 ah, for price and sizing.

My 200 ah lithium was Ā£649 and I dont have blue tooth, but Ā£30 enabled me to have the read outs next to the battery so I just have to look rather than turn my phone on.

I have no idea if it is any good or not, how long it will last, what the make up is, all i know is that it was significantly cheaper than pretty much everything else (and I like that) and it came within 3 or 4 days.

Here is the link for mine, somebody can now tell me I bought a dud !

Amazon product ASIN B0B612H28W
Not many reviews but the few there are good. Warranty period? UK base?

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
I have not used any of the aformentioned mentioned brands myself, but ...
I know someone with a KS Energy Battery. It keeps going into sleep mode and he looses power unless he keeps the load on it above an amp or three. Has had to turn all the lights on in the Motorhome sometimes. Stupidly, one of the benefits of the Inverter I fitted recently for him was its standby load helped keep the battery awake! You should not need to waste battery power just to keep it alive :( . KS Energy have ignored his requests to investigate.
I know someone with a new Roamer battery. The BMS apparently doesn't show any current in or out even when there is a load or charge (I have seen screen shots of the battery BMS data alongside the attached Victron SmartShunt data). He says that battery is going back and I don't blame him.

Right now I am running a pair of Polarmax 100Ah Lithiums (built-in Heaters and Bluetooth BMS) from Alpha Batteries. They never sleep (the sleep function has specifically been disabled at the factory as it is NOT a feature you would ever want in a Motorhome) and the Batteries built-in BMS monitor has always agreed with the info the attached Victron BMV tells me. They help me run the Microwave, the Induction Hob and the Electric Element in the Truma Ultrastor (not all at the same time, of course ;) )

pj650

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 14, 2010
Gretna. Dumfriesshire.
Funster No
MH
BĆ¼rstner t740
Exp
Motorhoming since 2002
I bought the KS Energy 200 amp Underseat battery on recommendation three months ago. A fellow motorhomer we were parked beside explained how it all worked and performed in very simple language that I was able to understand.
Got the Funster discount (10%) So far it is doing really well and I am very pleased with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back