Intermittent Truma combi red light flashing (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Currently in Spain on a site with 6amp hook-up. Van has a Truma Combi boiler and as we’re both short on gas and on ECU, we are using electricity to both heat the van and our water.
All’s been working fine up til this morning. Had the setting on heating only, having heated enough water for our face washes. Suddenly I noticed that the upper control knob was flashing red. This usually signifies low voltage but we’ve been on ECU for 21 days and the batteries are fully charged.
I switched off the Truma and left it alone for 20 minutes. Then turned it back on and selected heating only and it worked as normal with warm air coming out of the vents. I tried turning on the water heating and the normal orange light came on indicating that the tank was heating.
So any ideas as to why the sudden spell of red light flashing?

OP
OP
Ingwe
Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
It is possible that the power (mains) had failed and then come back on , causing the red light blinking mains power failed signal to show ,
If that had happened, the clock on the microwave resets to 0:00. But it was displaying the correct time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
A low wattage kettle will work on 6A. and give a decent basin full of hot water when diluted with some cold. It takes a while to boil, and it's best not run anything else at the same time, but it would be better than burning out the elements on the Truma as they will be costly to replace compared to a cheap kettle.
Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back