Intermittent 12v / Battery problem (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 6, 2023
Funster No
MH
2013 Fiat Ducato
Hi Guys. I have a 2013 Swift Escape 624 (based on a Fiat Ducato) and I’m having an intermittent issue with my Leisure Battery. There are occasions when I charge it overnight (by connecting to the mains) and when I press the Power button on my panel (see photo of the panel) sometimes everything is fine, yet occasionally I get nothing (this is a new panel fitted just a couple of months ago). However, If I leave it for a few hours things then are OK. I was wondering if the Ignition key has anything to do with it (i.e. it’s faulty) – See photos. The Ignition Key can be removed in both the Stop & Batt Position and I usually remove it in the Stop position. Does the Batt position disconnect the Leisure Battery altogether? – I’m not sure what this Batt position is for? Could my issue be caused by a faulty Ignition switch (i.e. It looks like it’s in the Stop Position but is in fact defaulting to the Batt position) – Anyone out there that has had a similar issue?

Thanks - Martin

Panel 1a.png

Ignition 2a.png

Ignition 1a.png

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Battery off will be for engine battery??

Have you tried measuring battery voltage at rest with everything off for 30 minutes after a good charge? Should be close to 12.8v. now leave it over night all OFF and measure again in morning - shouldn't have dropped . Now use a single known power consumer like all the lights or the TV and see how low battery goes "under load". You could just have a worn out battery.

Upvote 0
Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
When you charge the battery overnight are you using the inbuilt charger or a separate charger? (the Sargent PSU will cut the 12v power supply to the Motorhome/control panel off if the battery voltage is to high , through overcharging , but the PSU will work again when the correct voltage is sensed .)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back