Integrated or semi-integrated? (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Just trying to balance up the pros and conns of them both. Aside from the cost difference of course. What were people's arguments when they had that choice to make?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
A Class every time, easier to drive, flat sides make it easier to get through tight spaces and easier to reverse.
Great view from the cab, more space in the cab area. Less road & wind noise, cab area better insulated so warmer. Better winterization, most have double floors.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
A Class every time, easier to drive, flat sides make it easier to get through tight spaces and easier to reverse.
Great view from the cab, more space in the cab area. Less road & wind noise, cab area better insulated so warmer. Better winterization, most have double floors.
Much harder to get at the engine so service costs??

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Spot on (y)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Pretty much this:
We have had coachbuilt semi-integrateds (low profile and overcab), PVCs, a classic PVC and a home converted ambulance, and now have our first A-class and it is a very different beastie to the others. Even though ours is the narrowest one you can buy it still feels very, very spacious and the full width cab is great (I call it my 'conservatory' as that's where I sit when it's too cool to be outside). The insulation is far better with less draughts at the front - no matter what we did there was always cool air getting in somewhere in the cab which being someone who really feels the cold wasn't ideal at the best of times.

The only thing we really miss about a standard cab is having 2 doors as ours just has a UK nearside one in a RHD MH but as we have a UK offside hab door hubby (main driver) uses that most of the time however he does really miss having a fully opening side window as it's a slider so only half opens and of course it's not electric unlike mine so he's a bit jealous. :giggle:

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
I consider we are safer surrounded by the structural steel of a semi integrated cab.

Mrs Lucky feels less exposed too - she thinks the wider cab of an integrated takes you closer to colliding with oncoming traffic. I know it can be argued otherwise but it's what she feels.

And the significant cost saving is worth repeating.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
The only thing we really miss about a standard cab is having 2 doors as ours just has a UK nearside one in a RHD MH but as we have a UK offside hab door hubby (main driver) uses that most of the time however he does really miss having a fully opening side window as it's a slider so only half opens and of course it's not electric unlike mine so he's a bit jealous.
Silly girl for buying a RHD, I really don't see the point in buying a RHD A Class.
Both our A Class vans have been LHD wouldn't want a RHD in any type of van now.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Silly girl for buying a RHD, I really don't see the point in buying a RHD A Class.
Both our A Class vans have been LHD wouldn't want a RHD in any type of van now.
Hubby is happy driving a RHD abroad but would be less happy driving a LHD in the UK. Having a LHD passenger door and a RHD hab door actually suits us well as we are able to easily get in/out of both with our dogs, not so easy with a driver's door that obviously has a steering wheel in the way and no passenger one - the only thing that could top it would be to have passenger and driver doors.

gerrym11

Free Member
Sep 18, 2020
Colchester, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Just a year
Done lots of research but it does depend on your requirements. We wanted a motorhome that had plenty of light in the lounge. Most (not all) A class mohos have a bed above the loungs, therefore cutting light out. We must have a motorhome without a drop down bed at the front which means most A classes are not sutable for us.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Done lots of research but it does depend on your requirements. We wanted a motorhome that had plenty of light in the lounge. Most (not all) A class mohos have a bed above the loungs, therefore cutting light out. We must have a motorhome without a drop down bed at the front which means most A classes are not sutable for us.
How does the bed affect the light it stores high up clear of the screen. Much more light in an A Class cab with the big screen and side windows.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Semi integrated - how can you reach the ticket machine in a fully integrated 😂
Seat height is the same and easier to get closer with flat sided body and no big sticky out door mirrors.
I think you have got it the wrong way round.

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Much harder to get at the engine so service costs??
engine access is a pain

Mercedes Benz Manchester Trafford Park (Enza Roanza now https://www.estartruckandvan.co.uk/...xSDCqBbiMo5g2DwzuzijeFWs6B1J55rBoC0ecQAvD_BwE)

EA09B538-AFF1-4E95-86A4-93B018DCE21A.jpeg
4DE3A751-5EF3-4146-BFA4-EEDA906A74D0.jpeg
D8BF3510-1841-4305-97C1-07BCE5E3EEAB.jpeg
1F453D80-F9E6-4670-96EA-5164630BD755.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread