LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Hi. Last year only Comfort did this as far as I’m aware. Anything changed lately?

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Thank you. It is not good that there is no choice or competition for Comfort who want all sorts to reduce their risk, such as trackers and alarms. Go away for a while, you have to advise them and then they won’t insure contents whilst away!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
It seems only comfort and AIB do the same underlying Aviva fulltime policy. I found AIB much cheaper.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have managed nearly 40 years full timing in various motorhomes, in various locations, and never ever, ever had "Full Timers' insurance".

Mind you, I HATE (emphatic) insurance companies, all of which prey on folks' worries and fears in order to make money for themselves and their shareholders.

JJ :cool:

OP
OP
faraway

faraway

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 10, 2016
Kent
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 10
Exp
Getting better
Have you ever had to make a claim? Have you ever had to show photographic proof of where vehicle is parked at your home?

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
I have managed nearly 40 years full timing in various motorhomes, in various locations, and never ever, ever had "Full Timers' insurance".

Mind you, I HATE (emphatic) insurance companies, all of which prey on folks' worries and fears in order to make money for themselves and their shareholders.

No offence but is your MH not of significantly less value than some of the others on here? My current van is a right raft so wouldn't be to bothered about making sure I was 100% covered.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
No offence but is your MH not of significantly less value than some of the others on here? My current van is a right raft so wouldn't be to bothered about making sure I was 100% covered.

I never ever, ever, ever, ever confuse "VALUE" with "WORTH".

No Funster has a van worth more to them than my beautiful Hymer is worth to me...

I blame Thatcher.

So very many folk confuse the price of stuff with its value...

...but then many folk change to a newer car to have a more recent number plate to display.

Madness... pure madness.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back