Insurance certificate Digital or Hard copy ?? (1 Viewer)

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
We are planing on going to Europe soon ( France / Spain region )
Atm i just have a digital copy of my Insurance certificate , and have lost the hard physical copy , do i need the hard physical copy of my insurance certificate when travelling in Europe? or will a digital version do ( scanned copy )

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
We are planing on going to Europe soon ( France / Spain region )
Atm i just have a digital copy of my Insurance certificate , and have lost the hard physical copy , do i need the hard physical copy of my insurance certificate when travelling in Europe? or will a digital version do ( scanned copy )
Dont know the legal side, but in your position I'd phone ma insurance company and ask them to post me a copy.
I always feel better with the "necessaries" on paper?! ??

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
You need a paper certificate and I believe police will not accept a copy.? I’ve never been stopped but always have my certificates with me.?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
I only get a digital copy from Comfort, which I print off. Not sure how anyone would distinguish between a pdf which I print out, and one printed out and sent by post?

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i home print mine and will continue to do so, along with the digital copy if needed.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I only get a digital copy from Comfort, which I print off. Not sure how anyone would distinguish between a pdf which I print out, and one printed out and sent by post?
If you ask they will post certificates to you?

Mark and Mindy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2017
Nr Bicester
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 SGX
Exp
Since 2019
Have a printed hard copy if you need it but keep a digital version as well.

I quickly scan all major documents and invoices receipts and I save the files on Microsoft One Drive which is synchronised with the cloud. This way all my documents are permanently backed up and in an emergency I can download them to any computer or my phone.

Having a cloud copy saved the day when we were on a trip to Scotland and our rear number plate fell off at the top of the M6. We were able to blast down the Shap Pass other to Halfords and they were able to make up a new plate using the digital V5.

Mark

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Disaster avoided ,, i found my hard copy of my insurance certificate :)
[/QUOTE
Well, wadda blessed relief Borr,,,
I've bin so worried for ya I cud hardly enjoy my Cherished Canaries seeing off the mighty Spurs ?

Poor Moanpreeneoo,,,
Looks to me like the Spurs lads love the bloke about as much as ManU's lads did?!

Anyway,,, Bart, have a proper look next time, will ya?! ?
???

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back