Inflatable Air Awnings

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
Hi all. I'm looking to purchase an inflatable Air awning. I've got an Fiamma F45s canopy and the height is 260cm to the ground. Any advice as to which would be best. My canopy is just over 4mtrs wide.

Many Thanks
Phil.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
We sold our inflatable awning went back to a metal tube one, the reason being unless you are on level ground the inflatable just can't cope, you can't adjust the legs so the awning doesn't sit right causing the outer legs to buckle.
On level ground they are fantastic but how often do you get a perfect level pitch.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boycie
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We sold our inflatable awning went back to a metal tube one, the reason being unless you are on level ground the inflatable just can't cope, you can't adjust the legs so the awning doesn't sit right causing the outer legs to buckle.

On level ground they are fantastic but how often do you get a perfect level pitch.

Thanks for your reply. We will be on a level pitch for some time so hopefully it would work.
Phil.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Check each awning maker carefully for sizing, most have at least two heights, some have three

We had one, Kampa, sold it and moved to the marmite of the awning world , a full safari room 😁

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boycie
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Check each awning maker carefully for sizing, most have at least two heights, some have three

We had one, Kampa, sold it and moved to the marmite of the awning world , a full safari room 😁

I'm going the other way 😌

Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

JnJ

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
We have an Outdoor Revolution Sportlite Air 320L. It fits height 250-265cm. It's a great awning, not too heavy but quite robust. I have made an extended strip for each internal end so it can be attached to the side of the MH with Limpet type suckers to stop any draught.

Upvote 0

TCG

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Not quite correct, the new kampa domectic awning that we purchased last summer, has a zip on each side, that you can open if you want to extend the fabric of that particular side

1671546782033.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boycie
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have an Outdoor Revolution Sportlite Air 320L. It fits height 250-265cm. It's a great awning, not too heavy but quite robust. I have made an extended strip for each internal end so it can be attached to the side of the MH with Limpet type suckers to stop any draught.
Many thanks. Will check out.

Reactions: JnJ
Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Sitting on a THS this year we heard one horrendous "explosion" and then sat and watched an awning very slowly but gracefully deflate as occupants tried to find the way out..
Sure not for them but rather amusing to rest of field.👍👍👍

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Have been using a vango Kela tall 2 for some years, then grandkids sleep in it when we are away, haven't had a problem with stability. We have been using it for outdoor space for us when staying for a few days, or more, at one place. This year i treated myself to a quest pro I can just put it up on my own and take it down again but would be easier if i were a few inches taller 😂

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Sitting on a THS this year we heard one horrendous "explosion" and then sat and watched an awning very slowly but gracefully deflate as occupants tried to find the way out..
Sure not for them but rather amusing to rest of field.👍👍👍
Had this happen to us as the bladders expanded in hot weather and exploded. Nearly died of shock.
A quest pop up for us now.
Phil

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 14th year & still loving it.
Not quite correct, the new kampa domectic awning that we purchased last summer, has a zip on each side, that you can open if you want to extend the fabric of that particular side

View attachment 698761
Not seen one of those, is that just the fabric you can extend? what about the inflatable Tube?
Unless you can make the legs shorter or longer you will have the problem of the frame still not sitting correct.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Had this happen to us as the bladders expanded in hot weather and exploded. Nearly died of shock.
A quest pop up for us now.
Phil
Yes indeed it was a gloriously hot day in July..
However I assumed they would be fitted with some sort of pressure release valves to stop this happening..

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Advantage
Exp
Since 2008
We use the Motor Ace as per the pic. Think its quoted weight is 35Kg, comes in a large holdall complete with pegs, poles, pump. The fiddly bit is threading the beading through a long awning beam but otherwise takes 5 mins to inflate and another 5 to peg out. Need to check the central inflatable beams do not intrude on the habitation door. I seem to recall it comes in three heights. We like it, all the panels zip out if you wish or zip the top half down to use as a window (useful to keep dog from wandering off!) Has curtains if needed, large floor space, bit like taking your conservatory with you
Broken Link Removed
This attached to a 4.5m Omnistor.
If you do not over-inflate the tubes they cope with the change in temperature quite well, we have pitched on various terrain and the beams are flexible enough to compensate for uneven ground and strong winds, within reason!

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
We use the Motor Ace as per the pic. Think its quoted weight is 35Kg, comes in a large holdall complete with pegs, poles, pump. The fiddly bit is threading the beading through a long awning beam but otherwise takes 5 mins to inflate and another 5 to peg out. Need to check the central inflatable beams do not intrude on the habitation door. I seem to recall it comes in three heights. We like it, all the panels zip out if you wish or zip the top half down to use as a window (useful to keep dog from wandering off!) Has curtains if needed, large floor space, bit like taking your conservatory with you
Broken Link Removed
This attached to a 4.5m Omnistor.
If you do not over-inflate the tubes they cope with the change in temperature quite well, we have pitched on various terrain and the beams are flexible enough to compensate for uneven ground and strong winds, within reason!
What a terrific colour match,👍👍👍👍

Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
We’ve seen a couple go bang on sites! We have a Sunncamp pole type. Quick to put up & take down, and is very compact when packed.

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Yes indeed it was a gloriously hot day in July..
However I assumed they would be fitted with some sort of pressure release valves to stop this happening..
The newest bladders have an air pressure valve fitted. Ours didn’t, but the quest is much better.
Phil

Upvote 0

TCG

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Not seen one of those, is that just the fabric you can extend? what about the inflatable Tube?
Unless you can make the legs shorter or longer you will have the problem of the frame still not sitting correct.
Hi Rob or chris
Yes the zip is on each side where the roof air beam joins the leg air beam. unzip and it allows the leg to drop while increasing the amount of fabric between both air beams

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
Exp
Since 2013
Boycie we have an inflatable driveway awning, we used it a couple of times with our Burstner, but was not really ideal because of the roof line, we didn't have an awning rail and had to throw the straps over the top, our daughter used it for the grandkids to sleep in but they are now of an age when they have other things to do so it is surplus to requirements. It is a Vango (I think it is a Kela) but if you might be interested in it send me a PM, we are not too far from you, just over the border in Plymouth.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boycie
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Boycie we have an inflatable driveway awning, we used it a couple of times with our Burstner, but was not really ideal because of the roof line, we didn't have an awning rail and had to throw the straps over the top, our daughter used it for the grandkids to sleep in but they are now of an age when they have other things to do so it is surplus to requirements. It is a Vango (I think it is a Kela) but if you might be interested in it send me a PM, we are not too far from you, just over the border in Plymouth.

Thanks Sue.
I've managed to source a kampa air Grande which I'm picking up tomorrow.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boycie
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions. I managed to source a kampa Grande 390xl for a very good price from Camping Leisure Canvey Island.

Phil.

• Nice One!
Reactions: f6c
Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Thanks everyone for your advice and suggestions. I managed to source a kampa Grande 390xl for a very good price from Camping Leisure Canvey Island.

Phil.
We have one of them. It's a big beast and I found it difficult to put up and get down at first. I am fine with it now. Just have to get tw zip out panel in tje right openings.
Never had a problem with slopes. We have the driveway break out awning rails which are alot better than the throw over straps.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boycie
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
We have one of them. It's a big beast and I found it difficult to put up and get down at first. I am fine with it now. Just have to get tw zip out panel in tje right openings.

Never had a problem with slopes. We have the driveway break out awning rails which are alot better than the throw over straps.

At the moment I've got a 4.5mtr safari room but I'll be taking it down on Thursday and changing over to the air awning. I'm sure after a couple of times it should be a lot easier. It slots into the front of my f45s awning rail no throw over straps. I'll let you all know how I gelt on.

Phil

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boycie
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Safari room down and packed away. Air awning up and so far pleased with it.
20221222_110742.jpg
20221226_141846.jpg

Upvote 0
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
autocruise Rhythm
Exp
Most of my life in one form or another
We wish we hadnt bought our air awning.

Weight and size when packed Is huge.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boycie
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
This one isn't to bad and of course only two rear poles. I bought a gale 12v pump which makes inflating quick and easy.
It also stores under the fixed bed.
Phil.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boycie
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi All,
Just an update with regard to the Air Awning. Currently full timing in the Van until we can find a place to rent in or around the New Forest. Anyway I digress. The Awning was tested to winds of 22mph according to Dometic. We are currently experiencing gusts of 52mph winds and the Awning is coping extremely well. I am very pleased with it. If we had the safari room up at best it would have been crashing and banging at worst it would have collapsed.
Phil.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back