Indicators flashing, possible alarm issues (3 Viewers)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Nov 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Laika ecovip i400
Hi everyone.

I have just been woken up to a ticking sound. Constant ticking was coming from the indicator relay at about ten clicks per second. The iveko red warning triangle was flashing in sync with this.

All of the indicators were flashing in sync too. Tried to disarm the alarm (it's a cobra) and that set the alarm off! It kept going off as I tried to start the engine and eventually I got the alarm to disarm and started it up and that seems to have reset the alarm issue, for now.

I had left the hazzard button pressed, not sure if this had anything to do with the ticking fit. I've put the hazzard off now (hazzard light doesn't work unless engine is switched on so didn't think it would be an issue)

I am going to get this very helpful cobra alarm system removed so does anyone have any recommendations? And what can I try if the ticking starts again

:)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I am going to get this very helpful cobra alarm system removed so does anyone have any recommendations?
Should have said. If you simply want the best, then Vanbitz + Growler is the way to go in my opinion.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
lukebolger
Nov 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Laika ecovip i400
Yes indeed. The horn doesn't work either. Don't go to sellmymotorhome as they are crooked!

Upvote 0

Stealaway

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
My hazards will only come on if the ignition is on but the will stay on even if the ignition is turned off -until the button is re-pressed. Have you tried turning on the ignition to reset the alarm?

Upvote 0
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
My hazards will only come on if the ignition is on but the will stay on even if the ignition is turned off
I am not saying you are wrong. But that doesn't sound right.

Hazards should be able to be switched on at any time without any reference to the state of the ignition key at all in my view.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
lukebolger
Nov 29, 2022
Funster No
MH
Laika ecovip i400
It's all behaving normally now, but sometimes I can't seem to unlock the alarm.

It's a cobra module, one big button one small one.

I have figured out that it auto arms, once ignition is off. Then to start the van again you have to press the small button.

Not sure what the big button does yet.

Upvote 0

Stealaway

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I am not saying you are wrong. But that doesn't sound right.

Hazards should be able to be switched on at any time without any reference to the state of the ignition key at all in my view.
I always thought that they didn't want anybody them switching on if you are not there with the keys.
Like on a parked up motorbike

Upvote 0

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Upvote 0

Stealaway

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
This^^^^ anything else is a mot fail.
I always thought that they didn't want anybody them switching on if you are not there with the keys.
Like on a parked up motorbike
as above. The idea of them is to show a hazard when you are not there with the keys. That is why they are called hazard flashers.

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2015
British West Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 884
Exp
Since 2017
I’m not sure it will be the same unit but if you have LED rear lights and indicators mine has a VLM5 unit by sergeant, this is to control them and mine went tits up causing as you say random flashes and ticking. I needed a software update which fixed it so chances are that’s a good starting point

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back