Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Hi all

Just wanted to give a heads up on the use of Independent motorhome breakdown cover

We bought our present Carthago/Fiat based MH new in 2016, with the manufacturers 2 year warranty.(was not offered or aware to take out Fiat extension within the month of purchase) Well at 6 weeks out of warranty the gear box played up. Fiat would not cover the repair as out of warranty and I therefor paid for repair myself (It was a sensor so not that bad).
Fearing for the future around very expensive mechanical issues I took the plung and signed up with MB and G Insurance. In the past there have been good and a lot of bad reports around warranty claims.
Well I have had the warranty for nearly two years eight months and today made my first claim in relation to the onboard Dometic fridge/freezer control panel which failed yesterday after taking the MH out for post lockdown day trip and shake down.

Contacted Relience MH services in Chichester (Highly recommended if you are local to West Sussex) who submitted a claim direct to the insurance company through themselves covering labour and parts ( The part on its own is ÂŁ249.00) Well within 2 hours the repair was approved by the insurance company.

So just wanted to give a bit of positive feedback to others who may or may not be considering using said company.
As regard to any wriggle room I don't think there was any, in the policy on fridges it clearly listed failure of 12v or 240v switches. As the fridge would not turn on it was the switch which is the whole control panel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back