In praise of Aviva (1 Viewer)

Jan 27, 2014
Oakham, Rutland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I know that this post should be in the insurance section but I thought it would receive a wider coverage here.

As as been said many times you do not know how good your insurance is until you have a claim.
On the Thursday before the recent bank holiday I had a blow out on the centre lane of the M1, this caused a remarkable amount of damage to the underside and side of the van. Within forty minutes Comfort insurance had arranged for us to be transported to SMC in Newark. Aviva organised a hire car so we could retrieve our own car from the storage site where we normally keep our motorhome.
By yesterday, even though we have had a bank holiday the Aviva engineer has assessed the damage, discussed the repairs needed with me personally as well as with SMC and given the go ahead for the repair. I don’t believe I could
have had better service.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I know that this post should be in the insurance section but I thought it would receive a wider coverage here.

As as been said many times you do not know how good your insurance is until you have a claim.
On the Thursday before the recent bank holiday I had a blow out on the centre lane of the M1, this caused a remarkable amount of damage to the underside and side of the van. Within forty minutes Comfort insurance had arranged for us to be transported to SMC in Newark. Aviva organised a hire car so we could retrieve our own car from the storage site where we normally keep our motorhome.
By yesterday, even though we have had a bank holiday the Aviva engineer has assessed the damage, discussed the repairs needed with me personally as well as with SMC and given the go ahead for the repair. I don’t believe I could
have had better service.
Yes, they were very good last year with the awning damage, sorted the repair myself with their approval and paid very quickly indeed after I sent Rose awnings invoice. Breakdown service last week was excellent as were Crouch recovery

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Sorry to hear of the blow out. Many rear blow outs cause a huge amount of damage due to the fact that they basically do not reinforce the wheel arch. Additionally in many cases you also find they have decided to place all the electrics above the area or the water & heating system.
It always concerned me on or last coach built that all the electrics & water heater where immediately above the flimsy wheel arch cover & wood floor.
Good to hear that it is repairable.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Good to hear as my car is insured by Aviva. One of the quirks of life - you don’t know how good any insurer is until you need them, and you hope you never do!🥴

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!

have had better service.
As a comfort customer myself it’s great to know you received good service and are getting repaired, now tell us this……

Was it a proper Camper tyre that blew out or just a van tyre and was the tyre “in date?” :pop::whistle2::whistle2:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
As a comfort customer myself it’s great to know you received good service and are getting repaired, now tell us this……

Was it a proper Camper tyre that blew out or just a van tyre and was the tyre “in date?” :pop::whistle2::whistle2:
Just replaced my fronts with ordinary continental vanco tyres of the right load rating as they were 7 years old (week6 2014). Will this invalidate my insurance?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Just replaced my fronts with ordinary continental vanco tyres of the right load rating as they were 7 years old (week6 2014). Will this invalidate my insurance?
I hope not cos I’ve just fitted 4 van tyres 121’s on mine👍

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019

have had better service.
Is that comfort insurance underwritten by aviva ?

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Had great service from Comfort and Aviva sorting out a claim - even recovered my excess from the third party and full no claims retained. I kept the van - now a CatC - cosmetic damage - uneconomical repair
Downside was that they would not then insure the van because it was 'written off'........

Apr 7, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e line
Exp
Better half is a claims handler for a brokers in the NE of England and deals with insurance companies evey working day, Aviva are close to top of the list for dealing with claims promptly and also paying out without procrastination.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Years ago taking his new Triumph Trophy back to On Yer Triumph just outside Aylesbury some bird in a Metro decided to squeeze through a gap that wasn't wide enough causing quite a lot of damage to the 2 week old bike, so we picked ourselves and the windscreen up off the road, dusted ourselves off and carried on to OYT and said do the service obv but do an estimate to repair the ruddy damage too while you're at it, which they did and we sent it off to Aviva. Their mbike claims dept was in Dublin who wanted us to take the bike to be repaired at a garage in Glossop. I said to the girl - Don't be daft - that's in Derbyshire, nowhere anywhere near us! Well I wouldn't know, I'm in Dublin says she - anyway you'll have to have it inspected first. So get that arranged asap then dear. ( I rang this garage explaining why - who have ONLY ever repaired cars, so they told me) Another time we had an attempted break in to the Moho whilst down in Brighton - damage to the passenger door glass and to the hab door which Mark (from CLS) said the frame was twisted too so we needed the lot - £1600 for parts plus his labour. Insurers again - wanting to know why it needed two different companies to do the repairs and why the same one couldn't do both at the same time. Because you haven't the slightest idea what we've actually got insured with you, have you, darlin.

At the same time you do need the patience of a saint when working at an insurance company and dealing with Joe Public at times - you are expected to have ESP in a lot of cases and if you get too many of them the same day it can make you a bit abrupt with some people, which ain't good for you or them. I couldn't have done it for as long as I did, had it been constant 'public' stuff.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Apart from the blowout ( which must have scared the hell out you,,I sympathise). It’s nice to hear a positive on insurance companies,,thank God I’m with them also,, nice to know (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back