Important - Truma recall - Replacement of the Truma gas outlet and two gas valves (1 Viewer)

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I Came across this on a German forum https://poesslforum.de/ this morning - in case it affects any MH Fun members. I don't know if it has been published in English so I've taken a screenshot of the German page translated with Google Translate

IMG_0266.PNG
I Came across this on a German forum this morning - in case it affects any MH Fun members

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It looks like a 'BBQ' type point ... I think!

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Just had a letter from Truma as I presume they have been in contact with Swift who has informed them that our motorhome is one of the ones likely to be affected.

Truma have asked us to confirm we still have the motorhome (if not, who did we sell it to) and to confirm the date stamp on our outlet. I was impressed they had supplied a stamped addressed envelope to return the form, not every company would have been so thoughtful...

While we will need to take it to our local dealer, there is the option on the reply slip to request a 'safety blank' which fits on the outlet to cap it off in the meanwhile.

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
Had the safety blank arrive and now fitted. The red cap no longer fits but that is not the end of the world as there is a flap that covers the outlet.

Never used the outlet since we took delivery in September and noticed when fitting the blank that stuffed behind the outlet was a plastic bag with some screws. No idea what they are for but guess the person who fitted the gas point in the factory thought I needed them!

Before anyone makes a comment, since taking the photos I have cleaned the whole vehicle including the BBQ outlet.... :)

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 20.51.57.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 20.52.15.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 20.52.41.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back