I'm planning a 2/ 3 week tour, any suggestions where to stay en-route (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
We like to be walking distance to a pub for evening food, or bars / restaurants.
Village and shops for Mrs! (Not so important for 1 night stop overs).
This is what we would like to do, I would appreciate any suggestions and recommendations along the route.
Leaving Cornwall and travelling along the coast, Devon, Dorset, Hants and further.

First stop somewhere near Seaton / Beer / Lyme Regis. Stopping for a couple of days or so.
Then somewhere near Swanage?
Anything near Poole so Mrs can go shopping?
Next New Forest (these are sorted out and we are staying in a couple of places).
Then going to a Farm in Guildford to visit daughter.
A long trek to Cambridge, a stop off / rest is needed somewhere.
Finally, the goal before heading back, Norfolk! We need help with this one, looking for a nice camp site, peaceful location overlooking a broad or river, possibly a pub near by?

If anyone has good pointers where to look, please let us know!
I've got the campsite apps and ccc / ccmc members but it would be good to hear from you first before booking.
Many thanks!

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
One of my favourites is Mill Farm, Wells-next-the-Sea: CMC Certificated Site - £15pn I think.

Lovely views from a height, virtually parallel to the river/estuary; short walk into town across a field.

Gordon

PS Toilets/shower were a bit iffy last time we were there, so might be worth inquiring about (PortaKabin being shared with the Pony Club who were rallying there).

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
For your first stop, our favorites near Swanage would be Toms Field or, if they are full, Burnbake, a little way inland, near Corfe Castle.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

John&Kate

Free Member
Aug 30, 2015
Waterlooville
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Sept 2015
There are lots of great places to visit along South Coast.

West Bay, Bridport .. Amazing and just along from Lyme
The Jurrasic Coast, Bullers Way carpark
Portland Bill, take a tour up the lighthouse
Swanage, Studland Bay/Knowl Beach, catch the ferry across to Sandbanks (over rated, dont do it in a vehicle with long overhang)
Hayling Island, Beachland carpark, on low tide there are massive sand banks that can be walked ou through pools and streams
Whitterings Beach

This is just the tip of the iceberg .. .. .. (y)

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Can you just turn up at these sort of campsites, as in France, Spain etc, or do you have to book in advance?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back