IH 600RL bed uncomfortable (1 Viewer)

Nov 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
IH 600RL
Hi,

About six weeks ago we took delivery of a new IH 600RL, and I have to say it's mostly OK but we can't seem to arrange the bed in any way that isn't very uncomfortable - we've had some very poor nights sleep, bad backs etc., to the point that we don't really like to use it.

Has anyone on here got a cunning way of arranging the cushions, or any other method that we're missing? The problem seems to be the way the cushions are shaped, that gives a number of dips and hollows in the 'bed'. We can have the seats re-made at our expense but to be honest It sticks in my throat to have to pay for this on top of the £70k plus we paid for it a matter of weeks ago. If I'd wanted a project I would have bought a van!

Thanks for any help

Nov 9, 2015
North Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer MC-I B 580
Exp
Since 2005
Oh dear, don't let a small niggle put you off a lovely van. There must be an easy solution and my suggestion is to investigate mattress toppers. They can be had cheaply from say Dunelm but it sounds like you might need one of the dearer ones. We have always found Raskelf (the Duvalay people) to be helpful.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
Welcome from Ciren! (y)
As grumfy said, have a look at mattress toppers……. :unsure:
Do the cushions have flat backs? Do you sleep on the ‘shaped’ fronts of them? Photo?

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
We are on our second IH , we have the 630 but the principal is the same. We didn’t get the hang of it until the second van which is rather embarrassing though. You have to make sure the big “humps” are along the walls of the van and the two narrower back cushions down the centre. This means that the bit you lie on is flat. We did buy expensive duvalay memory foam toppers but have found in the end that we sleep just as well with a thick winter weight quilt on the bottom. It’s much easier to store as well.

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
We have a pvc, although not the IH, & have also found that a double duvet used as a bottom sheet smooths out the lumps & bumps in the made up bed. We also use sheepskins on the bench seats, & I used to move them when I made the bed up, but left them on one night under the bottom duvet - bliss! 😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back