Ideas of where to go and what to do (2 Viewers)

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Hi,

I am looking for ideas of where to go and what to do in the UK with our motorhome. We live in MK and would like to travel within maybe 2-3 hours from there, for a couple of days at a time. We enjoyed looking around at Newbury, taking the dogs for walks etc. Is there a good website of events around the country for example as hubby would get bored with nowt to do.

I would also love to take a trip to the seaside and would welcome suggestions for dog friendly sites accessible to the disabled, again 2-3 hours drive if possible.

TIA,
Mary

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the 2 -3 hours drive can make a real difference depending on what time of day or night you wish to travel.
although in reality you are looking of an area of about 150 miles from home.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/ have a radius search.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
We have just been

to the Forest of Dean, excellent dog friendly campsite (Bracelands) and lots to do and see. Before that we went to Lincolnshire - you can go to RAFs East Kirkby & Coningsby and see old planes, Battle of Britain Flight etc. All within your desired distance...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
You could do worse than visit South Shropshire. It's beautiful, with upland areas, lovely villages, some pretty good sites ranging from corners of fields to posh multi-star ones, and its quiet. Have a look on your map around the Bishops Castle, Clun and Ludlow areas But don't tell anybody else.......

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the new forest and south coast are good dog friendly places with lots to see and do. Do you or your hubby have any special interests or particular hobbys that could be indulged? Down here wve got everything from sea fishing/beaches boats and theme parks all the way through to forest mountainbiking and deer stalking and nature/bird reserves

What some may like others cant stand, and it works both ways, but there is so much to see and do, its not surprising the uk is a holiday destination

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Coastal Suffolk between Felixstowe and Southwold...fantastic. A raft of small sites all great dog walking country.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I was gonna suggest the North Norfolk coast, so you could do Buttons suggestion and mine in one hit..

My most favorite site is Green farm at Scratby

We go there at least three times a year

Mar 29, 2010
Hebden Bridge
Funster No
MH
Moto Trek Xcite EB
Exp
Since Sept 2011
We went to the Lincolnshire Wolds recently, that was really nice and quiet, also Denbighshire in north Wales is worth a visit.:thumb:

OP
OP
Wizbangs

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years