Icecrypt 16000 chd intelsat 907 firmare (1 Viewer)

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I would be hoping to get tv that far north. I was getting a picture in Trujillo and funnily enough near Cadiz but nothing since. Currently in Cabo de Gata.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

Junzuki

Free Member
May 27, 2015
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I intended to full time post retirement in 2016
I would be hoping to get tv that far north. I was getting a picture in Trujillo and funnily enough near Cadiz but nothing since. Currently in Cabo de Gata.

Were heading Cadiz next. I'm on a 65cm dish so probably out of range until mid or north Spain. 20cm makes a big difference (the misses agrees). Going to upgrade to 85cm when we get home as from what I read we should be able to get 907 throughout Spain.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Were heading Cadiz next. I'm on a 65cm dish so probably out of range until mid or north Spain. 20cm makes a big difference (the misses agrees). Going to upgrade to 85cm when we get home as from what I read we should be able to get 907 throughout Spain.

I am at my house near Seville, I have quite a big dish and get 907 no trouble at all. So yes you can get it down here. Hope that helps.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I have a 85cm dish:(
But I have met people with 85 cm oyster systems who are getting tv from Intelsat 907.

Sep 24, 2010
Funster No
I have an 85 cm teleco automatic system and i can watch intelsat 907 from the scottish borders all the way to essaouria in morocco with no problems at all .

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
I have an 85 cm teleco automatic system and i can watch intelsat 907 from the scottish borders all the way to essaouria in morocco with no problems at all .
Are you using an Icecrypt S1600 CHD and do you have a twin LNB with autoskew?

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
Just moved to St Jose so thought I would try satellite tv. Same a usual locked on to sat but low quality. So nothing ventured etc tried changing a few things. Changed polarity from auto to horizontal and hey presto tv working. I take it all back.

Sep 24, 2010
Funster No
hi , i have the same setup as you and its great ! its our third different satellite system and the best by far . Also the most expensive by far ! . We are in morocco right now and were getting corrie right down to agadir .

OP
OP
J

Junzuki

Free Member
May 27, 2015
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I intended to full time post retirement in 2016
Just moved to St Jose so thought I would try satellite tv. Same a usual locked on to sat but low quality. So nothing ventured etc tried changing a few things. Changed polarity from auto to horizontal and hey presto tv working. I take it all back.

Are you getting programs via 907? I'm sure that the orientation of the transponder is V = Vertical

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
hi , i have the same setup as you and its great ! its our third different satellite system and the best by far . Also the most expensive by far ! . We are in morocco right now and were getting corrie right down to agadir .
Do you have your Icecrypt connected to the receiver or easy connection?

Sep 24, 2010
Funster No
Ive got a twin lnb and a sky box with subscription connected to one cable for the astra satellite and the other connected permanently to the icecrypt box . I then just choose which satellite to focus on from the control box . I paid to have it all done for me and as i say the picture is as good as home and almost everywhere we go .

Stonemags76

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2011
Derbyshire Dales
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleepers Warwick Duo
Exp
Full Time 2011-2013, now part timers!
Is there a switch box that would let you put a twin feed in, then a twin feed to the Humax and a single feed to the ice crypt does anyone know? Would be easier then to press a switch and then change the satellite over. Is that possible? Awkward to unscrew the cables to change over!

JimJams

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
East Sussex / Kent
Funster No
MH
RV, A Class
Exp
since 2003
Is there a switch box that would let you put a twin feed in, then a twin feed to the Humax and a single feed to the ice crypt does anyone know? Would be easier then to press a switch and then change the satellite over. Is that possible? Awkward to unscrew the cables to change over!
Loads of different ways of doing it

We normally would use a RF switching box so have for example LNB1 to the Humax box and LNB2 the INPUT into the RF switching box. OUTPUT 1 could go to the Humax so it has twin feeds and OUTPUT 2 to a secondary box. So a simple press of a button

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Ive got a twin lnb and a sky box with subscription connected to one cable for the astra satellite and the other connected permanently to the icecrypt box . I then just choose which satellite to focus on from the control box . I paid to have it all done for me and as i say the picture is as good as home and almost everywhere we go .
I assume when you say twin lnb that you physically mean 2 lnb’s? The reason I ask is that you would have to rotate the Astra lnb to adjust the skew to receive Intelsat if just using the 1 lnb.

I’m just in the process of setting up my Oyster system as currently i have a twin lnb which gives me sky in the lounge and also able to watch a different programme in the bedroom. I’m installing a second lnb which will be skewed for Intelsat and using a DiSEqC switch I’m then able to simply choose from the Icecrypt box a certain programme and depending whether it’s on Astra or Intelsat it will automatically rotate my dish to the relevant satellite. This has to be setup both in the Icecrypt box and Oyster so that DiSEqC switching is programmed to the specific satellites.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
If you don't have auto skew it is easy to set up a second LNB with the correct skew for 907 and automatically select the correct LNB with a DiSEqC switch. See page 2 of the other thread for my setup.
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...r-85-with-internet.162117/page-2#post-2659524
Be aware that Icecrypt have now closed because the owner retired I believe which is probably why their website has closed but all the info is still readily available.
I am getting HD quality in Silves in Portugal with an 85cm Ouster dish.
Steve

Sep 24, 2010
Funster No
ive got 2 lnb's on the dish with autoskew . One i assume does sky and the other icecrypt . The satellite selector dial has lots of choices but we only need astra 28 and intelsat 907 . All we have to do is select which of the two we want and then its all done automatically

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
ive got 2 lnb's on the dish with autoskew . One i assume does sky and the other icecrypt . The satellite selector dial has lots of choices but we only need astra 28 and intelsat 907 . All we have to do is select which of the two we want and then its all done automatically
That's interesting, do you mean 2 actual Lnb's or a twin outlet LNB?
I can't see how the Autoskew systems I have seen can work with 2 Lnb's. Unless you have one fixed one for 907 and the central one on Autoskew for Astra2. A picture would help.
Steve

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
If you don't have auto skew it is easy to set up a second LNB with the correct skew for 907 and automatically select the correct LNB with a DiSEqC switch. See page 2 of the other thread for my setup.
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...r-85-with-internet.162117/page-2#post-2659524
Be aware that Icecrypt have now closed because the owner retired I believe which is probably why their website has closed but all the info is still readily available.
I am getting HD quality in Silves in Portugal with an 85cm Ouster dish.
Steve
Icecrypt closed? What makes you think that?

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Icecrypt closed? What makes you think that?
Dave from OutdoorBits said on another forum and sounded as if he had direct knowledge, hopefully you have other info Eddie, because apart from it's hobby uses it is a nice cheap very small 12 volt unit ideal for Motorhomes, and in my limited experience very reliable. Although Dave seemed to have had problems recently.
Steve

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Dave from **********s said on another forum and sounded as if he had direct knowledge, hopefully you have other info Eddie, because apart from it's hobby uses it is a nice cheap very small 12 volt unit ideal for Motorhomes, and in my limited experience very reliable. Although Dave seemed to have had problems recently.
Steve
No I don't have any other information as we won't supply or install them

I was unaware that the importers were small enough to be effected if one person retired

The website is certainly down and the phone number is unobtainable

Sep 24, 2010
Funster No
the dish has a sticker on it saying twin lnb , but the lnb part is completely enclosed . It looks like , from its size it would only contain one lnb but thats all I know as I said earlier I paid for the whole lot including the icecrypt to be installed and working which it does with great picture quality all the way down to agadir then sky only after that

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
That's interesting, do you mean 2 actual Lnb's or a twin outlet LNB?
I can't see how the Autoskew systems I have seen can work with 2 Lnb's. Unless you have one fixed one for 907 and the central one on Autoskew for Astra2. A picture would help.
Steve
The system has a single LNB with twin outlet, if you connect one to Icecrypt and the other to a tv with built in receiver or sky box as per Fredgwen you then select which satellite you require and the gps autoskew does the rest.

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
The reason for asking is; if I connect the Icecrypt box to the receiver outlet on the teleco control box the satellite control switch changes itself to Astra 23 very odd. If I connect the tv with built in receiver to the receiver outlet then it works fine. If I connect the Icecrypt to the "Easy" LNB lead it works fine, well at least it doesn't change the satellite.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
the dish has a sticker on it saying twin lnb , but the lnb part is completely enclosed . It looks like , from its size it would only contain one lnb but thats all I know as I said earlier I paid for the whole lot including the icecrypt to be installed and working which it does with great picture quality all the way down to agadir then sky only after that
Thanks, so it is a single LNB but with twin outlets and Autoskew, not 2 Lnb's with Autoskew. And probably a fairly recent unit with DiSEqC2 so as to be able to tune in directly to Intelsat. So not likely to have the problems all of us have with older units which have to use the satellite frequency to tune to which will all eventually disappear as they renew the satellites. Such is progress and built in obsolescence.
But I am about to ditch my Satellite internet because it is slow, expensive and cannot be used in high winds. But mobile phone internet was like that when I installed the satellite internet system but is now much faster and cheaper and can cross boarders, in Europe for now at least.
I am sure my Oyster dish will be very pleased not to have to lug that enormous iLNB around though.
Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back