I Was Minding My Own Business When I Was Accosted by... (1 Viewer)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
...A South Korean member of the God Squad.

I was filling the Hymer at the local tap on the outskirts of the tiny village, in the middle of nowhere, when this gentleman in a suit and shiny shoes walked up to me with a friendly smile on his face and asked how I was.

Now it so happens I have been trained in "JW" spotting by non other than VIP Funsters Bob and Janie, so I was ready...

I explained I was fine but suggested he didn't waste his time with me talking about his religion.

He asked if I had a religion...

I told him I did... I worshipped Manchester City Football Club, my cathedral was the Etihad Stadium, Pep Guardiola was the Son of my Creator and his disciples had scored 106 goals this season.

Be fair to the bloke... he didn't give up until I told him firmly (but politely) to go away and take his evil religion with him.

As he walked away I was sure he was a bloody Red...

In the middle of nowhere, up in the hills, in very rural Central Portugal a "JW" from South Korea... what the hell is going on?

JJ :cool:

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I can assure you he wouldn't be a RED !!!

IMG_0446.JPG

Deleted User
Deja Vu........1967/68 League one final table, 50 years ago same result:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I just tell them that most of the wars in the worid have been caused by people like him /her. Usuallylly gets them on their bike. There us a group who frequent our local Tesco but not one has had the nerve to approach me. One of my best evenings entertainment was discussing whether God was an astronaut whilst they stood in the pouring rain and I stood in the porch warm and dry. That took a good hour and a half before they found an excuse to disengage.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
I once had Mormons turn up at my house with a projector and screen after my wife took a book off them previously:D

When I was a postman I had a work colleague who was a JW. On one occasion during his break he had kicked of his soaking shoes and was drying his feet on a radiator. One of my mates commented on him having a large hole in the toe of one of his socks and before he managed to reply, I asked him if it happened when he got his toe jammed in someones door:LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
An atheist uncle of mine, a soap-box politician, who would invariably invite them in and talk them to within in inches of their lives and they would end up running for the hills.

Then there was my grandmother, who in the 1960s would ask of the American Mormans who turned up at her door "Why aren't you serving in Vietnam?". Her other favourite was: "Why do you never bring any black brethren with you?". Go Grandma, RIP.

ymfb

Free Member
Jun 16, 2017
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 2009
Tell them you’re Catholic a Catholic once told mr, they know they can’t convert you.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Where we live we are constantly visited by large groups of JW for some reason,they are a nuisance and Im sure they have to bring their kids with them .I feel sorry for the kids .

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
We’ve had a couple of visits from JWs in Silves but that’s the only place abroad so far. A polite no thanks I’m an atheist has dispensed with them quickly so far!

Very unexpected to get one in your village @JJ, word must have got out that someone needs saving :whistle:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
They were also at Amercao de Pera ....as JJ mentioned they were also wearing suits and shiny shoes plus their kiddies

Kath

Reactions: JJ
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I used to love inviting them in and baffling them with actual real science.... I got blacklisted and never saw them again. Damn, my cheap entertainment stopped coming.
I would also occasionally stoop to using morals on them... My favourite was why they don't believe in equality.
I asked them why they don't allow women to preach and why they must remain silent at church. They quote the bible section where some chattering women were told to be quiet in temple. It was a specific event relating just to that particular group of women.

I then pointed out that the angel at the tomb of Jesus told 2 women (The Mary's) to go tell the good news that Jesus was risen. If an angel tells women to preach what right do they have to overrule the word of god? The actual word used was by the angels was apostellein which as you can obviously see is the what we know as proselytise..... Which is exactly what the JW's are doing.

I pull this one out because my mum was a minister in the church and she would have been told to shut up by them.....

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I had 2 friends become JWs, her yes, but amazed he became one. I'm sure we have them on Fun.
Whatever your views, you have to admire their resilience and dedication in their quest to convert you.
If you had a business and employed staff with the same determination you would be very happy.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
When I was in Salt Lake City after a visit - tour to the Mormon tabin( church ) which was interesting they approached me for my address to follow up the visit with a home visit once I was home , I gave them my friends address and he duly got a visit and several phone calls !

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Hello there Mr PaulyP...

How are things?

I hope you are okay with second... ;)

JJ :cool:
Much as it pains me I've got to admit that you were far superior to all other teams this year and deserved the title.
Didn't have much of a choice this season with mourinho's style of play.
Next season he has to change his style as the majority of fans already want him out.
Very hard to retain the title the next season, so it will be interesting to see the challengers next year.

Reactions: JJ

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I think I would rather listen to JWs than read comments about stupid football on this thread:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back