Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Hebden Bridge CC (Lower Clough Foot) with great company. The site has new wardens who are definately top drawer material, gotta give them 100% for everything they do :thumb:
This site is on Cragg Vale which is part of the TDF route (The longest continuous ascent in Britain)
IMG_0104-L.jpg

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
At Newbury Old Peoples Home.

It's amazing what they can do for themselves. Some of them even walk.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
I spent the weekend ...............split between helping out at the RAF Fire Service Museum, (RAF Scampton) yesterday, and at home with Rita today, which involved going out for a drive and a nice meal on the way back. ::bigsmile:

Weather wise, it is decidedly tropical down this way. :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock.

Oct 28, 2013
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Sunny Norfolk.....:Cool::thumb:

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0235.jpg
    IMG_0235.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 26

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The 'abridged' version of our weekend is:

We went to Withernsea yesterday morning and had a pottle around the market and shops, took the dogs on the beach several times, got some Cornetto type ice-cream cones from Tesco (4 for £1 - rather than pay £2 each for them at the ice-cream van) flew our stunt kite and I even had a paddle in the sea! Then we went up to Hornsea and a quick shuftie round Hornsea Freeport ... what was left of it anyway as many of the little units are closed now and those that are left are just the outlet shops which aren't that cheap, the best thing was the Pound Stretcher shop where they had Tetley Teabags on offer at £1.99 for 160, well in date, so I stocked up. We then went to the main street and got a bit of shopping and then took the dogs into the park for a run around again. Eventually we parked up at the Memorial Hall for the night, hubby went to get some fish and chips and they were the crappiest we've ever, ever, ever had ... they were from Sullivans who are supposed to be 'award winners' ... the fish tasted 'old' and the chips still had their skins on ... we'll never go there again! :Angry: After another potter on the beach with the dogs time for bed, we'd just got nicely snuggled down and then .... boom, boom, boom .... boom, boom, boom ... the Memorial Hall had opened up with a disco at 11.00 pm!!! :Doh: We stuck it for a while and eventually moved at about 12.30 pm and parked up in the carpark for the park where we had a good night's kip. :thumb: The dogs had settled very nicely in their new 'cave beds' originally and we did managed to get them to stay in them once we'd moved 'sites' but eventually hubby relented and let the little s*ds up on the bed ... next time he can go and sleep in the dog beds with them! :whatthe:

This morning we went off to Skirlington Market which has a very large car boot sale and spend a few hours there, buying all sorts of stuff :RollEyes: then a potter round the market, stopped on the way home in a layby for a late lunch of home-made soup and a sarnie, then home. The dogs are knackered from all the running around they've done! ::bigsmile:

Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Borrowdale - Lake District

Had a lovely weekend in the motorhome at Borrowdale Caravan Club (formerly Low Manesty) site on the edge of Derwentwater.

Nice and friendly wardens and soooooooo peaceful.

Link Removed

We got a chance to take our new electric bikes out for a spin and went the whole way round the lake. It is beautiful no matter which way you look at it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Just seen this old thread as I was just wondering of a good place to walk in the Lake District, any more suggestions?

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
Julia Bradbury does a series called "Best Walks with a View". Last night Friday 26th Feb at 20:00 on ITV the walk was:

"The Lake District - The Borrowdale Walk Setting off from Rosthwaite, a small village in the jaws of Borrowdale, the expert walker takes in the history and landscape of the Cumbrian fells as she heads up the small peak Castle Crag, which stands at less than 1,000ft. .... From the lush green valley floor to magnificent views over Derwent Water, this walk is a great way to take home a lasting memory of the Lake District, and all in under three hours"

Read more at http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail/230...-view-with-julia-bradbury#e3Th3EmDzrxu3wBH.99

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back