I now understand why some motorbikes have louder exhausts! (1 Viewer)

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
You do all seem to by having a go at the rider (I do agree his riding leaves something to be desired) but no one, not any contributors seems to think the pedestrians are in the wrong. I do find that quite worrying. Surely at least some of the ones decrying his riding style must think that walking out in front of a moving vehicle is an unsafe thing to do. Perhaps, and I know this is a bit radical the pedestrians should look before crossing the road. As a kid I was taught the green cross code. Perhaps we could bring it back.

The difference is the pedestrians are completely oblivious to their short comings, but the rider isn’t…….therefore he should be dealing with it as a responsible rider and not using his vehicle in such a threatening manner.

I really find it difficult to justify any of his behaviour. 🤷‍♂️

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
The difference is the pedestrians are completely oblivious to their short comings, but the rider isn’t…….therefore he should be dealing with it as a responsible rider and not using his vehicle in such a threatening manner.

I really find it difficult to justify any of his behaviour. 🤷‍♂️
I certainly find it hard to justify riding in a city that is peopled by the empty heads shown on that video. I’m sorry but you cannot in any way justify walking out into the road without looking.
If you think that is any way to behave around moving vehicles then I hope I’m never driving down any street you happen to be walking along.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
I certainly find it hard to justify riding in a city that is peopled by the empty heads shown on that video. I’m sorry but you cannot in any way justify walking out into the road without looking.
If you think that is any way to behave around moving vehicles then I hope I’m never driving down any street you happen to be walking along.

Err, not sure what I said wrong. 🤷‍♂️

Any good instructor will teach a rider forward observation and anticipation. If the rider sees a situation developing then good practice is to take safe actions and not potentially cause further problems.

Moving vehicles have played a large part in my life, and I’m well aware of the damage they cause and what consequences a ‘thumb up bum, brain in neutral’ pedestrian can have.

If it helps, they’re both out of order. 🤔 (y)

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Are you trying to say that it turns you into a pillock then? :oops: Speaking from experience??? :giggle:

There is NO excuse to ride in the aggressive way he does, none whatsoever ...
As Glen said, Pedestrians are a law unto themselves, Crossing are provided in our towns and cities but you will see all day long people crossing the road anywhere ear plugs in, chatting on their mobiles or to one another totally oblivious to the traffic, people on push bikes have to suffer hugely so and then they themselves will ride through a red light.

Pillock is your word, what word would you use to describe the person that walks out infront of an oncoming vehicle?

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Here is another aspect of RJ, how many car drivers or pedestrians offered assistance.

He's not such the apparent pillock that people paint him.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
He's not such the apparent pillock that people paint him.
I think you'll find that HE is making himself look at pillock in the other videos due to his actions, even in the one you've shown he is going too fast up to the junction IMV.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
As Glen said, Pedestrians are a law unto themselves, Crossing are provided in our towns and cities but you will see all day long people crossing the road anywhere ear plugs in, chatting on their mobiles or to one another totally oblivious to the traffic, people on push bikes have to suffer hugely so and then they themselves will ride through a red light.

Pillock is your word, what word would you use to describe the person that walks out infront of an oncoming vehicle?
I agree the pedestrians are idiots, but they aren't riding a machine that can easily kill/maim someone else nor in the most part running at the bike rider at speed.

As the place where he's riding appears to be a tourist hotspot many of them won't know the area they are in so paying attention to where they want to be rather than where they are at the present time, its the same for anyone in a new place, it's not an excuse but is one reason why many simply aren't fully aware of their surroundings.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
You do all seem to by having a go at the rider (I do agree his riding leaves something to be desired) but no one, not any contributors seems to think the pedestrians are in the wrong. I do find that quite worrying. Surely at least some of the ones decrying his riding style must think that walking out in front of a moving vehicle is an unsafe thing to do. Perhaps, and I know this is a bit radical the pedestrians should look before crossing the road. As a kid I was taught the green cross code. Perhaps we could bring it back.
I certainly take a point And they should look with our going however they are not being purposefully aggressive or intimidating

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Why not just fit a decent (loud) horn though, just revving a bike engine isn't the way to do it.

I fitted Fiamm twin tone horns to my GS, never had a pedestrian get in my way when commuting through London.
I have also got the Fiamma twin tone horns (very loud) but I’ve also got 4 straight through “Cobra exhausts” on my Yamaha Vmax

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012

In half of his incidents, the pedestrians actually had right of way. The rider seems oblivious to the fact that he has to give way to all traffic (including pedestrians) that already occupy a road that he is entering.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
In half of his incidents, the pedestrians actually had right of way. The rider seems oblivious to the fact that he has to give way to all traffic (including pedestrians) that already occupy a road that he is entering.
Half eh? What about the other half? Why have a go at the rider but not the pedestrians? He’s an easy target because he rides like a cock. That’s why. You could though if you weren’t so anti the rider see that in many cases the pedestrians were in the wrong.
Now as a motorcyclist I know that every other road user sets out every day to try to kill me. So should the rider in the video but that still does not excuse the actions of the pedestrians. No matter how you want to see him (he is a bad rider though) the pedestrians should look before stepping out.

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Half eh? What about the other half? Why have a go at the rider but not the pedestrians? He’s an easy target because he rides like a cock. That’s why. You could though if you weren’t so anti the rider see that in many cases the pedestrians were in the wrong.
Now as a motorcyclist I know that every other road user sets out every day to try to kill me. So should the rider in the video but that still does not excuse the actions of the pedestrians. No matter how you want to see him (he is a bad rider though) the pedestrians should look before stepping out.

Pedestrian act like pedestrians. They're distracted, not licenced or trained. In central London, you expect lots of distracted children and tourists at all times. Expecting everyone to walk only on the pavements and wait for green men before crossing is quite preposterous. I'd hate to live in such a society that favoured motorists over pedestrians. It would take twice as long to get anywhere, just like it does in Poland and other countries with strictly enforced jaywalking laws.

As a rider or driver, I very much drive like they're trying to kill me. To the extent that when one jumps out and I'm able to easily stop, I immediately think that I've foiled them in their nefarious act and get a burst of endorphins, rather than one of anger or impatience.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Most bikers will have experienced car drivers pulling over to prevent the biker from filtering through the traffic, what is it with car drivers when this manoeuvre is totally legal, obviously you will have some riders going to fast but done safely and correctly there shouldn't be a problem.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back