I Need Help To Answer A Question (1 Viewer)

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
One site we stopped on outside York.Had electric. But was thinking of putting meters in.In the winter they we losing money due to campers leaving heaters on 24 hrs a day.Talking to a fellow motorhomer and mentioned this to him.His reply was a shrug of shoulders. I have paid for it so i will use as much as I like.🤨
This is the reason that meters have started to appear on most sites 25 years ago you paid 250 pesetas for ehu I went into a friends awning one sunny day in winter and the heat hit you straight away, same response “I’ve paid for it so I am going to use it” it was the same and still is today with the Germans and most other Northern Europeans you’ve only got to look in their awnings when you pass always a double-ring hotplate mini electric oven, electric slow cooker and oil filled radiator, then it went from paying a fixed amount for ehu to meters charged by the kilowatt and some of the charges are quite high, same old story I’m afraid the minority taking the pee and spoiling it for the rest of us, in Honfluer the have reduced the ehu supply down to 5 amp And have got notices stating no electric heaters or boilers, same reasons no doubt.

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
a bit late but this is how it works
wattage divided by voltage = amps
therefore
3000w/240v=12.5amps 16 amp supply required
1500w/240v=6.25amps 10 supply required
1000w/240v=4.16amps 6 amp supply required
if you add ALL the appliances you wish to use (AT ANY ONE TIME !!) this would give you the total wattage/amps required

Incidentally I forgot to say that ALL appliances should have their wattages printed on attached labels

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back