I’m not usually fussy but… (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2018
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 DL +
Exp
since 2017
We’re at a campsite in Yorkshire at the moment and the chemical waste disposal is 2-3 feet from the washing up sink one side & 2-3 feet from the fresh water tap on the other, with no barriers between them. I’m all for, “you’ve got to eat a bit of dirt before you die” but there must be regulations with this sort of thing, what do you think?

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Are you sure that's for the chemical (toilet) waste not just the grey waste? Sounds bonkers if it is.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Yuk!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W
Jan 1, 2018
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 DL +
Exp
since 2017
It’s def chemical waste & marked elsan point, the grey waste is the other side of the fresh water tap. There is a sign to say ‘do not remove the toilet waste hose and put it on the fresh water tap’ 😳

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
It’s def chemical waste & marked elsan point, the grey waste is the other side of the fresh water tap. There is a sign to say ‘do not remove the toilet waste hose and put it on the fresh water tap’ 😳
That is pretty disgusting, what idiot set that out 😲

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I emptied our cassette the other day and felt a splash of wet on my leg 😖🤢🤮🤮🤮

I blasted my leg, sock and croc with the water hose and squelched my way back to the van 😆
A real man would have licked it clean.:giggle:

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
Could be worse, like this combined water and Elsa point found on some French Aires
1627165791185.jpeg

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
We’re at a campsite in Yorkshire at the moment and the chemical waste disposal is 2-3 feet from the washing up sink one side & 2-3 feet from the fresh water tap on the other, with no barriers between them. I’m all for, “you’ve got to eat a bit of dirt before you die” but there must be regulations with this sort of thing, what do you think?
What did the site managers say?

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985
I emptied our cassette the other day and felt a splash of wet on my leg 😖🤢🤮🤮🤮

I blasted my leg, sock and croc with the water hose and squelched my way back to the van 😆
Hope you didn't make your socks dirty.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That's not uncommon at all on aires so I don't know what the issue is, so long as people use each area for their specific purpose and keep them clean what's the harm?

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I never use a water tap anywhere if it's within two metres of cassette emptying point. And even that's risky with the French about.BUSBY.😁

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
when you are at home how close is your sink to the loo??? is the lid always kept closed and does everyone who uses it wash their hands, how do they dry them with a shared towel?

everyone is different if the area is kept clean by all who use it it should be fine but unfortunately not everyone is respectful of others
I was on a very well maintained sited and went to empty the cassette only to find the area around the point covered with blue liquid and bits of waste. I informed the owners who immediately cleared it up and apologised but it was not their fault but what concerned me was that people may have thought it was me.

I took my cassette home and emptied it at my own personal point - which is always to my personal standards clean

OP
OP
W
Jan 1, 2018
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670 DL +
Exp
since 2017
I’ve used the combined elson/fresh water points before, just always sanitise the fresh water outlet! I’m just surprised there aren’t regulations preventing a washing up facility being installed within a certain distance from an elsan point. Obviously it’s been inspected so it’s OK. Will be doing our washing up in the van though!

Oct 7, 2015
newark
Funster No
MH
Swift escape 624
Exp
I think we’re becoming too purified (is that a word) yet we eat vegetables that are fertilised with animal and human waste drink water that has been treated, Having cleaned sewer systems for people dug out cesspits you tend not to care about such things .wipe taps or spray to clean them, and wash your hands, I always remember the saying during you live everyone at sometime will breathe in a fart passed by Henry the eighth

RetiredPope

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
What is the issue here? So long as there is an air gap between the fittings then nothing will transfer from one tap to the other. The only issue is if someone emptying the cassette is able to splash it about more than 2 feet. I know some French Aires show people having a good go, but it still takes some effort.

Do you drain your water tank in the house when you return home from your travels? After a day the water will have no chlorine in it. If located in the oft, then it sits in a typically warm environment which is ideal for bacteria to grow. Most people don't think about it, come home and have a bath or shower or drink straight away. I consider that riskier than the site mentioned. Always flush the toilets as soon as we get in to bring fresh chlorinated water into the tank. One of the perils of working in the water purification industry.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
What is the issue here? So long as there is an air gap between the fittings then nothing will transfer from one tap to the other. The only issue is if someone emptying the cassette is able to splash it about more than 2 feet. I know some French Aires show people having a good go, but it still takes some effort.

Do you drain your water tank in the house when you return home from your travels? After a day the water will have no chlorine in it. If located in the oft, then it sits in a typically warm environment which is ideal for bacteria to grow. Most people don't think about it, come home and have a bath or shower or drink straight away. I consider that riskier than the site mentioned. Always flush the toilets as soon as we get in to bring fresh chlorinated water into the tank. One of the perils of working in the water purification industry.
My mother always used to go around and flush every loo and if she called into mine when I was away did the same at mine I always do it but that is to make sure the Ubend is full Maybe my mother was not as mad as well all thought :rofl:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

It's people that stick their cassette under the fresh water tap and then lift it so the tap spout is in the cassette that worry me.Watched a Frenchman in Spain stick the hose pipe into the cassette to rinse it out and then put the same pipe into his fresh water tank. BUSBY.

RetiredPope

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 9, 2015
Taunton
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 640
Exp
4yrs so still a newbie
It's people that stick their cassette under the fresh water tap and then lift it so the tap spout is in the cassette that worry me. Watched a Frenchman in Spain stick the hose pipe into the cassette to rinse it out and then put the same pipe into his fresh water tank. BUSBY.
On a site near Verdon all the fresh water taps had hoses attached which would reach the van on the pitch. Then I saw the maintenance team feed a hose down through the drain to clear a blockage. Always disconnect any hose and use the watering can now.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
If your cold water taps are connected to a tank there is something wrong unless you're not on mains! The cold tap should be directly feed from where it comes in and not go into a tank thus safe to drink.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp

Tank in the loft feeds your hot water tank.Cold water comes direct from the mains.BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back