I’m like a born again virgin!! (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We’re off to Lyndon Top this morning for a few days of socially distanced cycling and I’m as excited as the first time we ever went away. I feel like a virgin motorhomer, it feels so long since we’ve been able to get away that I couldn’t remember how everything worked and what to pack!! The weather is looking promising but I have packed the thermals as it’s not exactly Spanish temperatures. :cool::cycle::Grin:

Oct 20, 2016
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 625
Exp
Since 2016 and caravanning before that
We're off for the weekend tomorrow morning. Only 30 miles away but first time out since Halloween. We tidied the van up last weekend and it felt like opening the first door on your advent calendar as a kid

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Definitely been too long without travelling as I forgot to pack the dishcloths, washing up liquid, cling film and foil but the really annoying thing is I left my cake box of freshly made keto blueberry muffins at home and my big 2 pint raspberry and mascarpone jelly so that’s no desserts or post ride muffins for us :rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Coolbeanz you have a couple of hours to let me know anything else you forgot that I can bring 👍
You diamond , if you could get me washing up liquid and a cling film that would be perfect. I’ve stolen some cloths off my neighbouring Funsters Jan @ Paul. How are you’re baking skills :rofl::rofl:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
You diamond , if you could get me washing up liquid and a cling film that would be perfect. I’ve stolen some cloths off my neighbouring Funsters Jan @ Paul. How are you’re baking skills :rofl::rofl:

Lyndon Top pop up shop arrived, parked in rally area to left of barrier

come quickly not much stock left 🤣

67241569-3ED7-43FC-A8A3-B5655C33538C.jpeg

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
MOT and ?some work end of next week so it looks like Thetford will be our first. I too sat in the van yesterday and thought 'what doI do first' everything seemed strange

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
I felt like one too ! First i couldn't get it to start and as i had only come down on my bike I had no jump leads. Ahhaa I have the jump start thingy in the MH from last year, O thats flat too :mad: Ride home bring car get it going leave car drive MH home all good ? NO can't get gas through ahh forgot to push valve now done, Water no struggled with that until I realised the frost valve on the boiler had dropped back out so water was running outside:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
And breath.........All done now she is sat outside waiting for a wash and brush up in the morning and Im away Monday by myself (My wife has to work) up to Whitby cycling:love:

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I felt like one too ! First i couldn't get it to start and as i had only come down on my bike I had no jump leads. Ahhaa I have the jump start thingy in the MH from last year, O thats flat too :mad: Ride home bring car get it going leave car drive MH home all good ? NO can't get gas through ahh forgot to push valve now done, Water no struggled with that until I realised the frost valve on the boiler had dropped back out so water was running outside:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
And breath.........All done now she is sat outside waiting for a wash and brush up in the morning and Im away Monday by myself (My wife has to work) up to Whitby cycling:love:
Brilliant, made me chuckle! We’re off to Whitby early May to cycle the cinder track from Whitby to Scarborough. Have fun :cycle:

Mar 2, 2013
chandlers ford
Funster No
MH
Astec Devon 2008
Exp
July 2012
Well, i had to smile at the post born again virgin, looked across page to see who last replied, Donkey, you could not make it up. Lol.

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
We’re off to Lyndon Top this morning for a few days of socially distanced cycling and I’m as excited as the first time we ever went away. I feel like a virgin motorhomer, it feels so long since we’ve been able to get away that I couldn’t remember how everything worked and what to pack!! The weather is looking promising but I have packed the thermals as it’s not exactly Spanish temperatures. :cool::cycle::Grin:
I seem to remember when you two were virgins (Lincoln show) from memory that must have been 2013-2014 👍

Aerialmark

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 13, 2018
Burnley
Funster No
MH
Knaus/Weinsburgh
Exp
I'm new to it
Brilliant, made me chuckle! We’re off to Whitby early May to cycle the cinder track from Whitby to Scarborough. Have fun :cycle:
Thankyou. That’s what I’m doing. I’m staying just off the main road on a farm which is opposite the old railway carriages which I believe is a cycle hire place. Monday afternoon it’s Robin Hoods bay for fish and chips ( cycle there and back) then it’s Scarborough on the cinder track Tuesday and then go the other way down the track Wednesday to Whitby. Very much looking forward to it but never been in the MH on my own before.

Boy

Apr 17, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since 195
I am off for the first time next Monday going from Poole to Kent for a few days
we ve booked a site but the site management say they are very busy
hoping to get some use out of our camper as need medical in June to renew
C1 drive licence.
passed three years ago but not so sure about this time fingers crossed
happy days

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Don'
Don't dare come back and tell us all how good The Fish & Chips were. :LOL:

Nov 30, 2013
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Aerialnark, your cindertrack plan has peaked my interest! Looking it up on the various Google links indicates it's a restoration work in progress. Please give us an update on the general condition of the track when you have completed it..... It is a likely plan for my biking exploits this year.
Have fun and enjoy your break away..,.... I have got used to using my my alone but in a week we are off to Marl Barn for our first trip since October when we were in house move transit.....

David

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back