Hymercar - UK & Extended Warranty (1 Viewer)

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Team,

I picked up a 2019 Hymercar brochure at the NEC the other day and on page-50 it refers to the 5-year Hymer extended warranty for new vehicles (costs apply).

This is not a bespoke brochure for the UK market as there's a note which stipulates "for all vehicles registered in Germany", plus all of the costs are in €'s only.

Does anyone know just what the current warranty allowances are for all UK registered Hymercars and is there any warranty differences between a Fiat or Mercedes supplied base vehicle.

Thanks All,

Andrew

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Interesting question, there are two warranties one being Hymer, the other being the vehicles manufacturer. Our new Hymer had a fiat based warranty, fiat offer an extended warranty that covers an additional 3 years. Tynevalley sold us a new Hymer and despite many attempts at pointing out our Motorhome was not registered with Fiat for warranty which meant we could not purchase any additional years we wanted (I just wanted an additional 2 years), or make a warrentycla/manufacture breakdown warranty was invalid at this point. I pointed out to Tynevalley that I only had 30 days to apply for the additional warranty and if I couldn’t get it I would look to them to cover any shortcoming in a warranty claim. The best I could get out of Tynevalley was no action. So I contacted Fiat in Italy who’s service was superb. They put me in touch with a dealer on the south coast who registered our Motorhome and arranged for the extended warranty.

So my advice for anyone buying a New Motorhome from Tynevalley or any other dealer is make sure the base vehicle is registers with the manufacture. One last point (although I have a number of Tynevalley gripes) the wheel nuts need to be checked after 50km I had my torque wrench and socket with me, could I get the torque settings from the salesman....could I Heck

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
@Coolcats

Did you buy the red Ayres Rock from them in the last few weeks.

Cheers,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hello Andrew no not the Red Ayres Rock but the new owner does need to double check with Fiat they have been registered for warranty. I do not want to say TyneValley are all bad because they are not, but there was frustration dealing with our order my advise to anyone buying from any dealer is keep on top of things as a project manager would. I also found the TyneValley workshop team really helpful and knowledgable.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Hello Andrew no not the Red Ayres Rock but the new owner does need to double check with Fiat they have been registered for warranty. I do not want to say TyneValley are all bad because they are not, but there was frustration dealing with our order my advise to anyone buying from any dealer is keep on top of things as a project manager would. I also found the TyneValley workshop team really helpful and knowledgable.

The salesmen do seem to have little knowledge and can't be bothered attitude, or at least the ones I spoke to did. I wouldn't buy from them now.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hi Paul, from what I have experienced those sales guys have a hard job they must have a few thousand customers walk through the door each year along with hundreds of sales so I guess the salesman's enthusiasm must wilt after a while. I also reflected on the actual knowledge of the sales guys with multiple manufacturers/vehicles and options which change every year I tend to agree that they are not "experts' and could do with pre-sales engineers who would go through the technical or bespoke requirements a customer has. I don't mean just TyneValley but all dealers. I suspect some customers have "standard needs" and the idealised video is how we all wish our experience to be and how TyneValley would want it to be.

But if you need a specific roof rack/Awning or want to have detailed information it can be like looking for hens teeth, in someways the industry has it easy in that people want these vehicles. However I do think they need to up their game I lost count of the number of emails I sent and did not get the specific answer. I honestly believe the team at Tyne Valley want to do a good job but workload, knowledge and attention to detail is lacking (from what I have read, heard and experienced it the same for most if not all dealers) , the team at TyneValley were pleasant enough but they know what I kept asking for.

The industry also needs to get its act together in terms of warranty claims you buy from one dealer and your closest dealer says you have to take it back to where you purchased from, there is no service network as such and some of the costs are outrageous. The industry needs reforming, dealers need to work together and if they start to those that do will get a bigger market share (in my opinion).

Having written the above we are absolutely delighted with the Ayres Rock, it may be too small for some but has all the comfort and most the kit a big Hymer has. Edited to say would I buy from TyneValley again, yes I would however I would start with caveats and want one of the workshop technicians involved in the sale as they have expertise the sales guys do not appear to have, and that would be for any dealer I wished to purchase from.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
As Paul already knows we came minutes away from buying the Hymer 4X4 Grand Canyon from TVM but then realised that it had been standing around for over a year, in all weather's, with its roof up, so we decided to walk away.

I'm under the impression that it has just been sold therefore some poor unfortunate sausage has bought a van that has been sitting around for 17-months in fairly damp and miserable conditions. They'll need the warranty for sure ;)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
As Paul already knows we came minutes away from buying the Hymer 4X4 Grand Canyon from TVM but then realised that it had been standing around for over a year, in all weather's, with its roof up, so we decided to walk away.

I'm under the impression that it has just been sold therefore some poor unfortunate sausage has bought a van that has been sitting around for 17-months in fairly damp and miserable conditions. They'll need the warranty for sure ;)

I never knew that it has been sold now Andrew, yes agree, been sat all that time with the pop top raised, engine and hab batteries flat for lord knows how long, both were flat as a pancake when I viewed even though they knew I was coming, how poor is that?

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I think flat batteries are the norm at at least that is what we saw when visiting various dealers, I think people have a look around and press buttons which drains the batteries either that or maybe a meter fuse is removed.

Hopefully Andrew you have your new van by now

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
I never knew that it has been sold now Andrew, yes agree, been sat all that time with the pop top raised, engine and hab batteries flat for lord knows how long, both were flat as a pancake when I viewed even though they knew I was coming, how poor is that?

I'm only assuming that it has been sold.

Lol, for all I know Paul they could be using as their permanent sales mascot these days :D:D

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We've had our new van for 4 months - a Globecar.
Brilliant I suspect you are delighted with it and you are all set for the summer. we ordered ours at the beginning of last February it should have been delivered in June...July....August and finally September. The wait was definite worth it. It's interesting that the order of vehicles that arrived at TV were the demo vans before our despite ours being ready for shipment. I was told that the logistics company new of the whereabouts but TV had no idea, which is interesting as the shipping company have a button on the website to track your order I guess a little like DHL Post office etc. I had been told that the vehicle had been built and was ready by TV sales, when I phoned a couple of weeks later to find out if it had been delivered the individual who answered the phone went away to check and told me of the "good news" the vehicle build was completed and awaiting a shipping date, whilst I wasn't rude I did show annoyance that I was being told the same story and had expected there to have been some movement in terms of delivery. Being less emotional and more rational and having reflected on this I go back to my point that these guys have a huge amount of paperwork, this doesn't excuse the delays but goes some way to explain them. Hopefully your Globecar was either new on the forecourt or a new build with easy delivery.

Edited to say I do hope TyneValley (and others) read the blogs the customer service needs improving.

Ian Ferguson

Free Member
May 30, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Free 600
Exp
VW campervan for 10 years
We have a new Hymercar Free 600, Comfortmatic, 2.3 130 bhp from Lowdhams. Took 6 months from order to delivery. Warranty is 2 years. We ordered without the pop-top, just with the extra bed in the dinette area.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We have a new Hymercar Free 600, Comfortmatic, 2.3 130 bhp from Lowdhams. Took 6 months from order to delivery. Warranty is 2 years. We ordered without the pop-top, just with the extra bed in the dinette area.
Ian if you want to add more years warranty just contact Fiat within 30 days of Purchase, also you should have been advised to check the wheel nut torque after 50 kms. Hope you are as delighted with your Free 600 as we are with our Ayres Rock.

OP
OP
Blue Knight

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp

Very nice, Ian. Is it the 'Free' that comes in white. If so they look really cool vans on the road.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
i know this thread dates back a couple of months, however it rings alarm bells that the dealer didnt register the base vehicle. too much of a coincidence with camper ne going bust with stocking loans left on loads of customer vans. just one reason for not registering of course, but it would worry me

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
i know this thread dates back a couple of months, however it rings alarm bells that the dealer didnt register the base vehicle. too much of a coincidence with camper ne going bust with stocking loans left on loads of customer vans. just one reason for not registering of course, but it would worry me
In my case I do not think the dealer is going bust, however I do think the Dealer 'Network' customer service needs an overhaul within the motorhome industry.

An example is you buy a Hymer and yet you are told to take the vehicle back to the original selling agent if you need a warranty claim, That says there is no network in the UK which is a major customer service/relationship issue. We can all buy a car from any manufacturer and get the warranty work undertaken anywhere in the country by an authorised dealer, clearly big improvement is required and possibly needs consumer regulation to be invoked as the dealers are not interested in doing this.

Ian Ferguson

Free Member
May 30, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Free 600
Exp
Ian if you want to add more years warranty just contact Fiat within 30 days of Purchase, also you should have been advised to check the wheel nut torque after 50 kms. Hope you are as delighted with your Free 600 as we are with our Ayres Rock.
Inside the pile of documentation was a sticker with 'check wheel nut torque' hidden away so I did get my shiny torque wrench out. Only one nut was a tiny bit loose. We are very happy with the vehicle though the lack of English language docs for the electrics and pre-installed dab radio is a pain as I want to identify stuff for future use.

Ian Ferguson

Free Member
May 30, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymercar Free 600
Exp
Very nice, Ian. Is it the 'Free' that comes in white. If so they look really cool vans on the road.
We chose 'Lago Blue' which is a light blue metallic paint. After lots of looking for a reg plate we ended up buying LA60 BLU. I have de-badged quite lot. Hair drier was all it took. All the black stripes are off and some of the 'Free 600' badges.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Inside the pile of documentation was a sticker with 'check wheel nut torque' hidden away so I did get my shiny torque wrench out. Only one nut was a tiny bit loose. We are very happy with the vehicle though the lack of English language docs for the electrics and pre-installed dab radio is a pain as I want to identify stuff for future use.
Hello Ian, that sicker is one the dealers appear to ignore, it is a safety notice, I had my torque wrench with me yet all the Head of sales could do at 2pm in the afternoon was to offer Fiat dealer address's rather than give me the torque setting I asked for! That aside any documentation you may need is available in english from the various manufacturers. This is a Schauldt link if you know the product you are looking for such as an Electroblok EBL 30 for instance this is available in German Italian French and English. In addition most of these manufacturers seem happy to provide information via email etc, which is helpful if you want to fix an issue yourself.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back