Hymer Tramp T655 seating problem (1 Viewer)

colmorangie

Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, anyone got a Hymer Tramp T655, just traded our van in for one, collect Wednesday but when we looked at it we couldn't get the drivers and passengers seat to turn round fully i.e. 180deg. Does anyone else have the same problem or are we missing something

WhiteCheyenneMan

Free Member
Sep 29, 2011
TN30, Nr Tenterden
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011
Hi, anyone got a Hymer Tramp T655, just traded our van in for one, collect Wednesday but when we looked at it we couldn't get the drivers and passengers seat to turn round fully i.e. 180deg. Does anyone else have the same problem or are we missing something

Our Hymer Van 562 only has a passenger seat that rotates, despite all other 562's appearing to have a rotating driver's seat as well. I assume that the others have had the handbrake lowered to allow the driver's seat to turn. If ours did turn my feet would entangle with the passenger's feet, or be chopped off by the 'Dicky' seat behind! As for the passenger seat, it needs to be moved forward to turn, otherwise it catches on the door. If it has a rotating base, there will be a (stiff) lever on the right of the base which releases the seat so that it will turn.

OP
OP
colmorangie

colmorangie

Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
This one seems to catch on the side of the bench seats on both sides

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
We have a tramp 554 and the seat has to slide backwards/forwards to rotate past the hand brake. Also lifting the arm rest can help till in place.

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
Not in a Hymer Tramp, but the swivel seats in my Bolero would catch on the doors if they were left too far back on their rails from travelling, or if they were reclined too much.

To turn them round fully, the armrests had to be vertical, the seat backs fully upright and the bases slid forward on their rails. Once rotated, they could then be put back in to more comfortable positions.

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
In our B630 the driver's seat (LHS) has to be pulled forward on its rails so that the backrest does not catch on the steering wheel, and the passenger's seat (RHS) backrest has to be sufficiently vertical so that the end of the armrest does not bind on the wooden locker alongside. Armrests should be vertical first.

OP
OP
colmorangie

colmorangie

Free Member
Nov 30, 2014
Bonby, North Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Since 2007
We have had the seats every which way, backwards, forwards, up p, down nothing works! It's going to have to be small holes to slot through I think

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Tends to vary on the year of the van and which seats are fitted, we had a Tramp654 SL that was OK it had ISRI which are a bit smaller than Aguti seats, is was also RHD which helped.
Current Hymer has Aguti seats and drivers one (LHD) does not swivel fully unless you move it back and then the backrest has to be uoright to clear the steering wheel not comfortable like that. You just have to accept it, Motorhome layouts are all about compromise.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
Probably best to unbolt them, take them out to turn them around then bolt them back in again. Might get a bit tiresome after a while doing this though.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Probably best to unbolt them, take them out to turn them around then bolt them back in again. Might get a bit tiresome after a while doing this though.
Hi.
I thought a while about this idea,then progressed to.While you have the seats out,why not find a mo/ho. that they can be fitted to and turn around in ? Every little helps.

SORRY!. I am having another one of my "Daft as a Brush days" (So soon after yesterdays?) Please carry on with your quest and i hope you win out.
Ta Bag

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back