Hymer Exsis Water Tank Plug/Valve Leak (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2015
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i504
Exp
On and off for over 35 years
My water tank dump plug/valve has developed a small leak. It is only a drip at this time but I would like to rectify the fault before it gets any worse.
Has anyone any information regarding dismantling a Hymer dump plug/valve?
Access to slacken the plastic top nut from within the tank is very limited so before attempting a repair. I am trying to gain as much info as possible. Photos attached.
IMG_6157.JPG
IMG_6163.JPG
IMG_6165.JPG

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The assembly is held in place by a spring clip washer under the handwheel.
You can normally get the bottom plug out with a bit of force, the top of the tank will flex enough to allow the square rod to come out of the plug. If you need a new one then ain't cheap around €60 so will be a lot dearer in th e UK.

OP
OP
Porridge Oats
Oct 30, 2015
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i504
Exp
The assembly is held in place by a spring clip washer under the handwheel.
You can normally get the bottom plug out with a bit of force, the top of the tank will flex enough to allow the square rod to come out of the plug. If you need a new one then ain't cheap around €60 so will be a lot dearer in th e UK.
Lenny

The spring clip washer under the hand wheel. Is this the black plastic ring as shown in the attached photo. If so how is it removed? Itlooks as if it will snap very easily. The underside of the hand wheel assembly is held in place with a large black nylon nut which I would like to remove if I can find a tool that will fit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• IMG_6203.JPG
    IMG_6203.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6158.JPG
    IMG_6158.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 37

M J

Oct 4, 2016
Wiltshire UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
since 2014
Where is it leaking from ?
If its leaking from the top a simple answer would be to not fill the tank
If its leaking from the bottom you can get under the Van and tighten the Valve.

OP
OP
Porridge Oats
Oct 30, 2015
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i504
Exp
Lenny

I managed to pry the spring clip washer off. It turned out to be a metal clip as you said, I thought it looked plastic. I now have access to the bottom plug assembly so hopefully I can make a repair. Thanks.

OP
OP
Porridge Oats
Oct 30, 2015
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i504
Exp
Where is it leaking from ?
If its leaking from the top a simple answer would be to not fill the tank
If its leaking from the bottom you can get under the Van and tighten the Valve.
It is leaking from below. There is no access from under the motorhome to access the valve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Porridge Oats
Oct 30, 2015
Inverness
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i504
Exp
In case anyone else has this problem.
The top metal spring clip at the fresh water tank handle was relatively easy to prise off ( as Lenny said). This gave access to the bottom plug/valve assembly. Once I had taken the assembly to bits, I found that the spring retaining E-Clip had broken. I have now ordered a new stainless E-clip.
Looking on German sites there other instances where this E-Clip has broken. I have attached a pic of a German example of the offending E-clip with a good E-clip for comparison.

Attachments

• images-3.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    3.7 KB · Views: 55

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back