Hymer 'drivers' door glass removal - Help (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Betsy Lamb

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've got a problem with my 2015 Hymer B678 double glazing in the cab. All 4 windows have 'blown' and there is condensation inside them. This seems to be a common problem with this model. I have a local company in Norfolk who are going to split the units for me and reassemble them. I have managed to get three of the windows out, the nearside front and both of the drivers side windows. However, having removed the door card for the front opening door I can't see how to get the uppy-downy window out (uppy-downy is a technical term).
Has anyone got experience of this please?

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I don’t have any experience at this and good luck, but am interested in the company you are using, is there a link by any chance 👍🏻

May 5, 2022
Kidsgrove, North Staffordshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B778 PL
Exp
Since 1992
H
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've got a problem with my 2015 Hymer B678 double glazing in the cab. All 4 windows have 'blown' and there is condensation inside them. This seems to be a common problem with this model. I have a local company in Norfolk who are going to split the units for me and reassemble them. I have managed to get three of the windows out, the nearside front and both of the drivers side windows. However, having removed the door card for the front opening door I can't see how to get the uppy-downy window out (uppy-downy is a technical term).
Has anyone got experience of this please?
Hello.

Photos of the problem are always helpful.

OP
OP
Betsy Lamb

Betsy Lamb

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
I don’t have any experience at this and good luck, but am interested in the company you are using, is there a link by any chance 👍🏻
They haven't done them yet but I've put the link to their website below. They have quoted me ÂŁ40-ÂŁ50 per unit which seems very reasonable. I'll let you know if they do a good job but they come highly recommended. The lady who runs the business is called Sandra.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dounds very reaspnable. Well done.

:( my winder mechanism on driver door window has gone (glass is ok).. ..... quoted over ÂŁ500.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Ours was done by a Garman firm as part of the sale paid for by the dealer.

I know how the Concorde ones come out, I imagine you need to take all the inside trim off first then is there any screws showing. Have you a photograph of them from inside?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015

:( my winder mechanism on driver door window has gone (glass is ok).. ..... quoted over ÂŁ500.
That sounds outrageous.
Is it the motor that's stopped working or the mechanism that carries the glass that's faulty ?

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988

That’s outrageous! Is it manual or electrical.

There must be a MHF member close enough to help you.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
That’s outrageous! Is it manual or electrical.

There must be a MHF member close enough to help you.

Hi sunshine, they are electrical. :(.

Once I can drive again, (eyes) I will start checking again.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
That sounds outrageous.
Is it the motor that's stopped working or the mechanism that carries the glass that's faulty ?
Hi Figaro, he said that if I want equal replacement mechanism (?) that is the same.... i. e. Can be stopped part way up or down, then over 500 but if one that goes just all way up or down, (so you can strangle yourself!!) then over 300.

OP
OP
Betsy Lamb

Betsy Lamb

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2004
Update
I have managed to get the uppy-downy window out. Not going to bother everyone with the technical details. I’m happy to help others if you’re going to attempt the job. It was a bit of a faff!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Hi sunshine, they are electrical. :(.

Once I can drive again, (eyes) I will start checking again.
Sorry, I can’t comment on the ekectrickery system and/or its cost.

How are you progressing with your eyes? Any chance of remedy in the near future?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry, I can’t comment on the ekectrickery system and/or its cost.

How are you progressing with your eyes? Any chance of remedy in the near future?
Slowly but surely getting there, thank you. A few cock ups with admin not sending paperwork to correct hospital.
It should get sorted soon though. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back