Hymer bed gas strut on Ryanair (1 Viewer)

Dave and Ginny

Free Member
Jan 31, 2013
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Hymer Starline 680
Exp
Since 2011, previously a tugger
I need to replace my gas struts as one has failed. We're in Benidorm for a few months yet but nipping home for ten days next week. We will be near SGS Engineering in Derby for a day or two so could pick up a couple of struts. Question; will it be ok to put them in checked in bagage for the aircraft hold? SGS say they contain an inert gas and should not be a problem but I'm not sure. Haven't looked into sourcing down here as yet but I'm guessing they will be more expensive if sourced from Hymer dealer.

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Just stick em in your bag, they'll be fine.
If you ordered them from Hymer in Germany for delivery to Spain they would go in the cargo hold!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just stick em in your bag, they'll be fine.
If you ordered them from Hymer in Germany for delivery to Spain they would go in the cargo hold!
Could have a problem if the bag is scanned as it might look like a firearm!!! Might be better to 'declare' it!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Most ferreterias around here have displays of gas struts. Also find them in tractor dealers as well. huge range normally & they aren't expensive.You only need it same stroke/operating length, Nm & end fittings.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Most ferreterias around here have displays of gas struts. Also find them in tractor dealers as well. huge range normally & they aren't expensive.You only need it same stroke/operating length, Nm & end fittings.

My Thoughts too?. In Fact I have in the past had "stuff" freighted out to Spain, only to find it Cheaper Locally. I would check local suppliers before thinking of Air Freight cost!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back