Hymer A class 2015 headlight protectors (1 Viewer)

Wobby

Free Member
Aug 26, 2007
Hailsham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2005
In France touring we met the guy who used to make these protectors, however he doesn't make them anymore. I just wonder how well the suckers will hold the protectors in place. I would worry about them flying off and hitting someone. We have opted to put heavy duty film over the lamps but how successful that will be is anyones guess. Why on earth Hymer haven't mounted these lamps behind protectors I don't know.

Wobby.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you look at the thread I linked to in my post above you see I fitted some retainers.
There was one Hymer Club member that lost one, mine have been on for 9 months I have 8 suckers on each protector, only one of the suckers out of 16 has come loose in that time.

Edit:
Makes a bit more sense now I've edited it, I was using the boss's iPad what a piece of junk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
nuttall-smith

nuttall-smith

Free Member
Feb 19, 2015
stokenham kingsbridge devon
Funster No
MH
hymer duomobile a class
Exp
since 2014
The new van arrives on April 02 and the first things to do are a proper spare and headlamp protectors, as has been said why didn't Hymer do these two vital mods, can't be rocket science or cost or is it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
The new van arrives on April 02 and the first things to do are a proper spare and headlamp protectors, as has been said why didn't Hymer do these two vital mods, can't be rocket science or cost or is it.
A spare is an option on all Hymers.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Did you ever get anywhere with headlight protectors and carrying a spare wheel?
I would like the same on my 2014 B544, as those headlights are stupidly expensive and being without a spare doesn't feel right.
Hymer say there is no option for a spare wheel on the B544 even though there is space behind the waste water tank. They suggested I carry one in the garage!

Tim

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I would like the same on my 2014 B544, as those headlights are stupidly expensive and being without a spare doesn't feel right.
Hymer say there is no option for a spare wheel on the B544 even though there is space behind the waste water tank. They suggested I carry one in the garage!

Tim

If you look at post #3 there is a link to thread where I described how to make headlamp protectors.
As for a spare your dealer is telling porkies it's on the Hymer price list.

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Thanks Lenny HB,
I think making some is the way to go. Did you get the Lexan and suckers off ebay?
The spare wheel issue is about a carrier for it underneath, not the availability of the wheel.
I have no garage on the B544 but there is space underneath.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
There is a thread on here somewhere about a spare wheel carrier but I think it was for Alko chassis don't know if yours is.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks Lenny HB,
I think making some is the way to go. Did you get the Lexan and suckers off ebay?
The spare wheel issue is about a carrier for it underneath, not the availability of the wheel.

I put my spare in the rear underfloor locker on my B544 and push it completely over to the RH side with an attached tie to pull it back .

Sep 28, 2015
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
just giving this some more thought for my headlights

do you have the headlamp washers on yours? I do, I guess this would need a little more care on the cut out to allow the washer bit to come out still

Maybe the film option is the easiest
Good point, never even thought of that. I'll have to check if I have that feature on ours. It took months to discover we had it on our Mini.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Thanks Lenny HB,
If you follow the thread I linked to there are links to suckers yes it was eBay.

Maybe the film option is the easiest
Film won't give much protection it is designed to stop broken glass falling on the road, I can see the problem with washers. As most of us Motorhomes don't do much driving at night probably better to disable the washers.

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
Is that the Lamin-x Sue? We used it after hymer decided our headlamp, which exploded after being stationary for 3 hours, was from a stone chip. When we had a new one, via insurance, we covered both headlamps with lamin-x. If nothing else, if one had shattered again, we could prove it wasn't a stone chip. No longer have the hymer now though.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back