LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Well, I don't appreciate being called a liar. Maybe you are just inept at levelling. or, maybe it's the definition of 'properly' level. For me being level enough not to particularly notice is good enough.

Methinks you try to hard to justify yourself. If you want it, can afford it then go for it. Enjoy. Me, I enjoy not having it.

You need to improve your levelling skills. 30 seconds is my average.

Well that was a lie. ;) :giggle:

Oct 20, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Anyone who says they can get a van level on uneven ground in a matter of minutes is either not getting it properly level, or lying
"Bollocks!"
Been there, done that.
We did over 10k miles last year, travelling here and there. Very few campsites. Assess the park beforehand, know what you're doing and never an issue.
Never been a clock- watcher but always within minutes. 60 in the hour 😂.
God created time, and plenty of it 😇.

Oct 20, 2023
Scotland, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
The only way you can justify auto-levelling is through the saving in stress, time and convenience. It's almost impossible to do it in terms of cost. But if like me you used to spend several attempts at getting it level front and side, plus the heated discussions with your partner in the process then it's well worth it. Anyone who says they can get a van level on uneven ground in a matter of minutes is either not getting it properly level, or lying.
There are other benefits - wheel changing for example. But also we got caught on a campsite in Spain where the front wheels started digging a hole in the soft sand instead of driving forward. We used the levellers to lift the front wheels, fill the holes created manuaaly and put down some skid mats over the sand. Then dropping the wheels and driving off successfully.
Oops or not 🤔.
Might have misinterpreted 😩. Never got my van level on ramps. Wind, rain, nighttime, midges, your left, no my right and a tad of marital miscommunication.
E&P for me 😊.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
I sent an email to SAP yesterday asking how to recalibrate my 8 year old E&P levelling system.

A lovely lady rang me within 10 mins to check the system I had and van details, she said one of the technicians would ring me within 30 mins to talk me through it. Sure enough, 15 mins later Ivan rang me and talked me through the process. System now recalibrated and auto levelling correctly.

What a great response and customer service from SAP.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
I sent an email to SAP yesterday asking how to recalibrate my 8 year old E&P levelling system.

A lovely lady rang me within 10 mins to check the system I had and van details, she said one of the technicians would ring me within 30 mins to talk me through it. Sure enough, 15 mins later Ivan rang me and talked me through the process. System now recalibrated and auto levelling correctly.

What a great response and customer service from SAP.
That's very typical of their service levels. I've rung Mick on his mobile on a couple of occasions for advice. On the first occasion he was visiting someone in hospital, on the second he was in the middle of a family meal. On both occasions I apologised and offered to ring at a better time. However, he insisted on talking to me and answering my queries.
First class outfit.

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Had Mave system on Burstner 5.5t Tag for last 3 years and it has been great.
It's a little sensitive to battery voltage in as such is will alarm if used a lot at one time.
Fitted as levelling with ramps is impossible on the rear tag setup.

Expensive but worth it 100%

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
How B****** much!!

£6000 on average price and people moan about paying £20 - £50 for a night in a camp site!

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Any opinions on whether they are worth the outlay or should we just continue to use the ramp levellers
Another good reason for Hydraulic levellers is the preservation of the clutch, just seen a post about their clutch going at a relatively low mileage and I often think when I see vans been driven up ramps that the clutch has a hard time, compared to normal driving.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Another good reason for Hydraulic levellers is the preservation of the clutch, just seen a post about their clutch going at a relatively low mileage and I often think when I see vans been driven up ramps that the clutch has a hard time, compared to normal driving.
Totally agree but I still wonder how some of us managed for the last 50yrs without these new fangled things like hydraulic leveling?

To me, after 40+yrs of using a VW campervan, an inside toilet & shower is a luxury! 😄

Isn't roughing it a bit all part of the experience or does everyone just want a mobile version of what they have at home? 🤔

Last edited:

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
We had M Level system fitted to our Auto Trail F60 in early March by S&G (nr Woburn) for £5,350.
We tend to tour so move on everyday or so meaning the convenience is important.
Have now dumped the jack etc and ramps (which were a pain to store)
M Level is UK based and uses UK suppliers.
VanBitz fit M Level

Cheers🍻

OP
OP
S
Apr 6, 2024
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Imala 615
Dear fellow Motorhomers
We are just in the process of buying our 2nd Motorhome. We have had a 2005 Autocruise Stargazer for 7 years, we pick up.our 2019 Autotrail Imala 615 with side dinette, 4 seat belts, sleeps 2. We have for the last 7 years used Milenco levellers and also had back leg steadies to help with any bounce if on a site more than a couple of nights. But thinking of splashing out on hydraulic levellers. Any opinions on whether they are worth the outlay or should we just continue to use the ramp levellers and have back steadies fixed to our new (to us) Motorhome?
UPDATE....After lots of research etc, we have now booked LNB in Bristol to fit a HPC Hydraulic levelling system. Very helpful, courtesy car available etc. We saw our friends same system last weekend on a campsite and it convinced us that they are definitely worth it we believe. Also for stabilisation whilst on a storage site, taking pressure off the tyres. We are looking forward to getting it done. 😊

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
UPDATE....After lots of research etc, we have now booked LNB in Bristol to fit a HPC Hydraulic levelling system. Very helpful, courtesy car available etc. We saw our friends same system last weekend on a campsite and it convinced us that they are definitely worth it we believe. Also for stabilisation whilst on a storage site, taking pressure off the tyres. We are looking forward to getting it done. 😊

Good choice HPC are much better than E&P 😉

Dec 20, 2018
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Good choice HPC are much better than E&P 😉
Other views are available!

For what it's worth, my view is that these are probably the best two systems on the market with very little to choose between them. Both are well proven and both have installers with an equally well proven track record.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010

For what it's worth, my view is that these are probably the best two systems on the market with very little to choose between them. Both are well proven and both have installers with an equally well proven track record.

Yeah had both systems currently have HPC so gotta be better 😁

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011

I agree with your comment I think that it’s very difficult to say which are best everyone has a different opinion personally had AL-KO HY4 fitted last year they are available from E&P as it’s owned by Alko and looking at them you would not notice the difference until you see they are four independent rams with their own reservoir and hoses so no central oil tank to house which in my case solved the problem of finding a locker or having a box under the skirt as they don’t need one.
As you say everyone has their opinion for differing reasons😊

Roby2008

Free Member
May 15, 2022
Bavaria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P969D
Exp
Since 2012
I agree with your comment I think that it’s very difficult to say which are best everyone has a different opinion personally had AL-KO HY4 fitted last year they are available from E&P as it’s owned by Alko and looking at them you would not notice the difference until you see they are four independent rams with their own reservoir and hoses so no central oil tank to house which in my case solved the problem of finding a locker or having a box under the skirt as they don’t need one.
As you say everyone has their opinion for differing reasons😊
Me too, had the AL-KO in Feb, the only thing taking any space in the van is the remote tucked under the dash.....

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Me too, had the AL-KO in Feb, the only thing taking any space in the van is the remote tucked under the dash.....

Me too, we had E&P fitted several years ago and no locker space lost as all our pump gear and reservoir is mounted under our van against the rear chassis rail. (y)

1714587306674.png

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
I have to say that in 4 years of travelling I haven’t found myself in a situation where I thought I wish I had them but that may come of course . We do have semi air suspension fitted and find that useful for minor levelling up and has reduced the need to use ramps .

But if I was royally loaded I might get the legs installed .

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
Has anyone had M LEVEL fitted?

Cheers🍻