Huawei E5577c Mifi device Wifi extender function not working (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
I've bought one of these for the van after having been recommended one on here but in cannot seem to access the units Wifi extender function.
It says in the manual that you can use it to extend your existing Wifi or use the unit to tap into any existing Wifi such as a campsites, but there is no option on my unit, am I missing a firmware upgrade or something?

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Have one myself and not 100% sure it does what you are thinking it does.

We've got a 4g sim card in it which I've found is way better than using my phone or firestick to pick up an existing wifi signal

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
on your mifi.

switch on and boost up when ready press the menu button top right,

you will see a menu ; keep pressing the menu button and it will scroll down. you will see wifi extender.

dont know how it works but thats a start for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Next Stop
Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
I've done a bit of research and I think that the one that I bought (a refurbished unit) is an old T-Mobile one and even though it is unlocked the extender feature isn't active on the firmware so I don't have that option in the menu, I've ordered another one today which is brand new so hopefully it will be fully functional.
I shall report back.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Not sure if youer sorted but I've messed about with that function of my mifi device without really knowing what benefit it was to me..
As said above if you use the menu button when you have powered it up you get the option to scroll and select Internet wlan..
See attached photo..
20200717_212704.jpg

I had to log into the admin and setting pages to select the network i wanted from those that were available..you obviously need the password for the one you choose..
You can then log on to the mifi device which is mirroring the WiFi signal it is connected to.... but im not sure and cant see the sense or use for that function..
It doesn't boost the signal as far as I know so why bother connecting to it through a mifi device..
Andy..

OP
OP
Next Stop
Oct 29, 2019
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
VW LWB Crafter
Exp
Since 2009
Its used as an extension of your Wifi, so for example where I'd like to use it is at home when not in the van to get Wifi in the garden, I can pick up a signal from my home Wifi right near the window but not in the garden, so if I place the unit by the window and connect it to my home Wifi I should then be able to "extend" the signal to the garden of I connect to the huewei unit.
Hope that makes sense?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Its used as an extension of your Wifi, so for example where I'd like to use it is at home when not in the van to get Wifi in the garden, I can pick up a signal from my home Wifi right near the window but not in the garden, so if I place the unit by the window and connect it to my home Wifi I should then be able to "extend" the signal to the garden of I connect to the huewei unit.
Hope that makes sense?
yep I see that thanks...
I was just thinking that the Mifi unit had to be able to pick up the signal in the first place and if it could do that then so could my phone, but as you say it may give a small extension in range as you say..
cheers..
Andy

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Hi I use the Huawei HiLink app to turn extender on the 5577, here are the screen shots that you should see, someone asked these question yesterday, their one looked to have the feature disabled, mine works fine i.e I can pick up the house WIFI when in the MH on the drive and use that and not MiFi Data only did this to see if it works

Attachments

• mifi 1.jpg
    mifi 1.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 52
  • mifi 2.jpg
    mifi 2.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 48
  • mifi 3.jpg
    mifi 3.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 49

Steve and Denise

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2011
Spalding LINCS
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago
Exp
Since 2008
Well I can’t even get the Huawei hilink app I did reset the mifi but still asked for a pass word,
Not really bothered as the internet works.

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Hi if you reset the Mifi the App password to configure it is U/N admin, PW admin it should under the battery

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back