How to remove Reich elbows on Hymer Water Tank (1 Viewer)

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Hi all,
We woke up this morning to no water pump working in our Hymer S class.
I can hear the pump running but slowly so it may be kaput or just blocked with debris.
I can't get the pump out of the tank without releasing the blue Reich push fit elbows but can't find out how to release them. I have tried pushing the grey ring and pulling it but no movement. Anybody found a way. I can't
Cut the pipes as there is no slack.
Suggestions please.
Steve

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think it is meant to lift out of tank for replacement. (If its like mine) ' Why won't it come out ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Thanks @Barclaybasher & @Figaro for the help, I finally managed it with two flat screwdriver bits forced in underneath the release ring so as to release it evenly. The pump wouldn't lift out without because the pipes were not long enough without kinking the ridged pipe to the pump.
It appears that the pump is nack***d so cannot produce enough pressure to get to the taps. I had intended to buy a spare when I next come to the UK but now unfortunately it will probably be a very expensive distressed purchase. :eek:
Oh well, that's what money is for. I suppose. :mad: :groan:
Steve

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
It appears that the pump is nack***d so cannot produce enough pressure to get to the taps. I had intended to buy a spare when I next come to the UK but now unfortunately it will probably be a very expensive distressed purchase. :eek:
I once had a Reich 19L twin impeller pump (shown below) which I thought was duff. As an experiment, I swapped the blue and brown wires at the joint nearest the pump, and away it went for several months later. (y) These days, I always carry a spare. ;)

612191.jpg

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
OldAgeTravellers

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Just to report back, after managing to remove the elbows to find that the pump worked but would not supply pressure. The non-return valve was a separate unit in the pipe so no problem with that.
A trip around on the scooter and was directed to a chandlers just back over the boarder in Spain, great amount of stock and unusually great prices. He had a "Rule" submersible single impeller pump with almost the same spec as the Reich one for €29 took a punt and with a bit of fiddling as the outlet spigot wasn't quite long enough but a bit of spare gas hose did it ok. Replaced the very rusty pipe clip that Hymer or whoever fitted, with a salt water grade stainless one and all is now working well.
And a lot of Brownie Points earned for being such a clever fella.
When I get home I think I will swap it out for a proper diaphragm pump to save future hassle. He had a Seaflo one there for a good price but I don't have enough tools with me to do the carpentry needed to make a support shelf in the under locker.
Thanks to all for the suggestions.
Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back