How to play movies on your phone on the Moho TV. (1 Viewer)

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
Hi, I would love to download movies to my Android phone from Amazon Prime and then play them on our Avtex TV in the Moho. I bought a Chromecast thingy today - that did not work as Amazon Prime does not like to 'mirror / cast' using Google hardware - so it will be returned to Argos tomorrow. Do you know if a Amazon Fire stick plugged into the TV will allow me to 'mirror / cast' from my phone storage to the TV.

While I could use a Fire stick in the Moho to watch movies online with our 4g MiFi it would eat a lot of data.

Ideally I will download to the phone at home and then watch in the Moho.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Thanks Martin

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
I use a Chromecast. You can just cast screen from android. Just watched The Grand Tour on Amazon. I do however use a router so don't direct cast. In the mo ho by the way. Edit. Can you not set up with hotspot with your mi fi and connect Chromecast to that then cast screen?

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
AFAIK any method of wirelessly mirroring or casting from your phone to your TV will involve WiFi, and consequently data.

I would be investigating a cabled solution.
It should be possible via your phone's micro USB socket with an appropriate adaptor & a HDMI cable.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mr Mousy

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
I use a Chromecast. You can just cast screen from android. Just watched The Grand Tour on Amazon. I do however use a router so don't direct cast. In the mo ho by the way.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Please can you tell me more...
are you able to 'cast' from your phone to the Chromecast / TV directly in the Moho. If you use a router to cast how do you do it?

Thanks Martin

@Chipster

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Thanks for the quick reply.
Please can you tell me more...
are you able to 'cast' from your phone to the Chromecast / TV directly in the Moho. If you use a router to cast how do you do it?

Thanks Martin

@Chipster

I've set up an r36 router and linked the Chromecast to it (as you would at home on your WiFi network). With android youncan just cast the screen. If you don't have the icon from the swipe at the top of the screen you can do it using the Chromecast app which is now called Google Home. (top menu cast screen). We get to watch stuff I've downloaded as well as streaming. just tried without internet connection too. Works OK.

Andrew gill151

Free Member
Apr 18, 2016
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Knaus C class
Exp
2 years
Got an Amazon Fire stick today, fitted to my motorhome tv and connected via my mobile to the web, works great. Need a prime so subscription but worth it.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I use a Chromecast. You can just cast screen from android. Just watched The Grand Tour on Amazon. I do however use a router so don't direct cast. In the mo ho by the way. Edit. Can you not set up with hotspot with your mi fi and connect Chromecast to that then cast screen?
Would that not use your mifi's data allowance?

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Not familiar with mi if devices but wonder if you can set it up as a WiFi hotspot and connect your Chromecast to it then providing your just casting something you've stored on your device i can't see it using data?

Edit again! Can you not just casting screen anyway using Google Home and no router? Just thinking.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Mrs C downloads films to her iPad, then we watch them on our TV using a cable which connects the iPad to a HDMI cable.
Works a treat

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
If we were to download content (which of course we would never do) it would be to a USB memory stick and then playback using the Cello TV built in USB slot

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
HDMI Cable works for me also.Android to TV...

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
If we were to download content (which of course we would never do) it would be to a USB memory stick and then playback using the Cello TV built in USB slot
Very strange that exactly what we don't do
Plus we don't :whistle:have a android box for kodi

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Perhaps a Bluetooth adapter for your TV cost about 15 squid?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back