How to log out of MHF app on a mobile phone ? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
I am handing in an old phone as a trade in shortly against a new one. On the old phone I have the MHF app so I can see the MHF site while out and about.

I need to log out of that app so no one who subsequently looks on my phone could start putting messages onto the forums in my name. If that were to happen people might get the impression that I was some form of right wing anti immigrant knuckle dragger, which is obviously miles from my true identity as someone who stands on the shore at Dover every day with a sign saying refugees welcome here.

I can see how to log out on my laptop, but just can't find it on the phone. Help please !

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am handing in an old phone as a trade in shortly against a new one. On the old phone I have the MHF app so I can see the MHF site while out and about.

I need to log out of that app so no one who subsequently looks on my phone could start putting messages onto the forums in my name. If that were to happen people might get the impression that I was some form of right wing anti immigrant knuckle dragger, which is obviously miles from my true identity as someone who stands on the shore at Dover every day with a sign saying refugees welcome here.

I can see how to log out on my laptop, but just can't find it on the phone. Help please !
Don't you wipe the whole phone back to how it was when you got it?

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Uninstall the app, plus any banking apps etc, then do the factory reset.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just reset the phone to factory settings.
It deletes everything back to the day you bought it.
It's in 'settings'.......factory reset.

Huh!!! That'll teach me to read the whole thread first

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Yes, a pointless waste of time if you are wiping it.
Disagree. In principle you are dead right, but I always delete/uninstall everything first. I prefer to be as certain as I can that no-one can possibly get at my data. On a disk I would also write '00000000' to every segment before handing it over.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Disagree. In principle you are dead right, but I always delete/uninstall everything first. I prefer to be as certain as I can that no-one can possibly get at my data. On a disk I would also write '00000000' to every segment before handing it over.

You have contradicted yourself there. Of course if you want to be paranoid you can do that but it really is a waste of time and effort. And for the purposes of the OP, logging out of MHF is certainly not going to make any difference if he is going to wipe it anyway.

OP
OP
Sandancers
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
You have contradicted yourself there. Of course if you want to be paranoid you can do that but it really is a waste of time and effort. And for the purposes of the OP, logging out of MHF is certainly not going to make any difference if he is going to wipe it anyway.

As it happens I couldn't find anyway to log out of MHF on the phone. So had to rely on the return to factory settings.

Guess it's worse than trying to leave the hotel California, I couldn't even check out.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
As it happens I couldn't find anyway to log out of MHF on the phone. So had to rely on the return to factory settings.

Guess it's worse than trying to leave the hotel California, I couldn't even check out.
As previously said, if you factory reset the phone logging out of MHF is unnecessary. However, logging out is hardly hidden away.

Screenshot_20240516-211934.png

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

It's so easy.........
Click the hamburger top left
Click your avatar/screen name
Click 'your account' at top
Scroll to bottom to 'log out'

But factory reset deletes everything, even hidden files.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
It's so easy.........
Click the hamburger top left
Click your avatar/screen name
Click 'your account' at top
Scroll to bottom to 'log out'

But factory reset deletes everything, even hidden files.
It's even easier than that - at least on an Android phone - just click your avatar in the top blue bar and "Log Out" appears at the bottom of the drop down menu. As in my post - #14 above. šŸ‘

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's even easier than that - at least on an Android phone - just click your avatar in the top blue bar and "Log Out" appears at the bottom of the drop down menu. As in my post - #14 above. šŸ‘
But surely if you log out the link or whatever will still be there until you wipe the whole thing.

Aug 1, 2021
Pembrokeshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-T Expedition 66
But surely if you log out the link or whatever will still be there until you wipe the whole thing.
Yes. Fully agree. If selling the phone, then factory reset to completely wipe it. No need to log out of individual apps. It's just that the OP said that he couldn't find any way of logging out of MHF, but it couldn't be any easier. Just click on your avatar and the option to log out appears.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back