How to keep your laid up MH dry. (1 Viewer)

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I read regularly of folk asking the what’s the best way to keep my MH dry/damp free, here’s a simple idea that costs next to nothing and l can assure you it works.
Newspaper, yes, Newspaper, we are not talking wet leaky MH’s but keeping the atmospheric’s that are changing constantly within the MH, damp air,dry air,warm air,all constantly on the go and changing within a MH.
Take old Newspapers and spread them out within the Van over the bed,seating,near or on any item that would absorb damp,upholstery,curtains and so on.
As the atmosphere changes the newspaper absorbs damp air and drys out in a warmer atmosphere thereby creating a constant cycle, the damp is attracted to the absorbtion of newspapers and drys out very quickly.
l have used this solution for years and can say categorically that it works.
Do give it a try.

Sep 9, 2019
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 632
Exp
Since Sept 2019
We use silica cat litter in takeaway cartons, put 4 in the hab/cab area and 2 in the garage. I keep the, numbered, lids on the driver’s seat so I don’t forget how many to collect before we set off on our latest adventure. Leave the cartons in the airing cupboard or on a sunny window ledge while your away and they dry out, ready for reuse. Works like a charm, costs about £5.

Cheers!

Russ

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
It would be interesting to measure the humidity with the various ideas and see if theres really any difference.
Unless the MH is sealed presumably moisture will migrate in from outside so it matched the outside atmosphere.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
We use silica cat litter in takeaway cartons, put 4 in the hab/cab area and 2 in the garage. I keep the, numbered, lids on the driver’s seat so I don’t forget how many to collect before we set off on our latest adventure. Leave the cartons in the airing cupboard or on a sunny window ledge while your away and they dry out, ready for reuse. Works like a charm, costs about £5.

Cheers!

Russ
On my boat i have used this method and it works but i used seed trays lined with cling film bigger surface aria.
I have five three in the front cabin
And two in the wheel house change them out every month during the winter
and dry out in airing cobord in a cardboard box
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread