How they build a MORELO (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
So did they show how the insulation is pressed onto the wall surface? I must have missed that bit, interesting though.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
So did they show how the insulation is pressed onto the wall surface? I must have missed that bit, interesting though.
Do you mean pressing the walls Paul, alloy foam alloy or do you mean applying the inside finish which is a choice of a microfibre carpet type or faux leather smooth and wipeable finish.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Do you mean pressing the walls Paul, alloy foam alloy or do you mean applying the inside finish which is a choice of a microfibre carpet type or faux leather smooth and wipeable finish.

Martin

Pressing the walls Martin with the insulation onto the aluminium.
That for me is one of the most important aspects of the build. I have seen quite a few high end build garage/locker doors delaminate.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Pressing the walls Martin with the insulation onto the aluminium.
That for me is one of the most important aspects of the build. I have seen quite a few high end build garage/locker doors delaminate.
OK can't say that I have seen it as a problem to be honest, I did see reference to one MORELO that had a big blister on the roof, is it some of the older Concorde that have had a problem.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I notice even with this build quality and expense, there are still ripples along the side walls.
Yes I think its just very slight irregularity on the foam that shows through, it is worse if you have the standard black graphics as being black they show everything up even more, that's why we went for the ridiculously expensive "carbon optic" option.

Martin

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
OK can't say that I have seen it as a problem to be honest, I did see reference to one MORELO that had a big blister on the roof, is it some of the older Concorde that have had a problem.

Martin

Yes I have seen quite a few Concordes after 2007 with a problem, new garage doors, hab doors etc

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Yes I have seen quite a few Concordes after 2007 with a problem, new garage doors, hab doors etc
Paul, look at this vid by Heath.

Its in English and is a tour with Andreas Morelo's international sales manager who is a very clued up guy for a salesman and worth taking to if you get the chance at a show. About 20mins in is the laminating and Andreas explains the process.
Michael

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Out of interest there is the thicker wall laminate available as an option with the outside aluminium plate being 1.4mm thick. I selected this option, however it is not mentioned in the 2020 list??

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Martin

Thanks for that.

You not speak German? What after all the German factory tours and Shows you have visited? :LOL:

I could not help totting up the capital invested in the buildings, plant, machinery, work in progress and finished MHs standing around, excluding ones in for service. Even at 5% borrowing you still wonder how they can still produce them at the price.

It was a well-made video. They do not need to do bullshit to sell the product.

The whole complex process makes building a house/flats look like kids' work.

Basia and I were talking about a small trip in Feb/March and I was suggesting Berlin or a tour of Carthago/Morelo etc. maybe I will PM you about that.

Belated Happy New Year to you and Jen.

Geoff and Basia.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Out of interest there is the thicker wall laminate available as an option with the outside aluminium plate being 1.4mm thick. I selected this option, however it is not mentioned in the 2020 list??
Think that was only ever an option on the Palace liner and Empire Michael.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin

Thanks for that.

You not speak German? What after all the German factory tours and Shows you have visited? :LOL:

I could not help totting up the capital invested in the buildings, plant, machinery, work in progress and finished MHs standing around, excluding ones in for service. Even at 5% borrowing you still wonder how they can still produce them at the price.

It was a well-made video. They do not need to do bullshit to sell the product.

The whole complex process makes building a house/flats look like kids' work.

Basia and I were talking about a small trip in Feb/March and I was suggesting Berlin or a tour of Carthago/Morelo etc. maybe I will PM you about that.

Belated Happy New Year to you and Jen.

Geoff and Basia.
Hi Geoff and Basia

Thanks and to you as well, I have picked up a few words with all the reading and as you say factory tours but of course they have been in English predominantly. Hopefully we will be over at the factory before the end of March and then taking a week heading home slowly via Polch to pay our respects one last time ;)

Martin

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Think that was only ever an option on the Palace liner and Empire Michael.

Martin
Not on a 2018 19 list but will double check. But as I had a liner its moot for me, and it's not on the 2020. I would be interested what has happened to it?
M

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not on a 2018 19 list but will double check. But as I had a liner its moot for me, and it's not on the 2020. I would be interested what has happened to it?
M
It's showing as an option on the Empire Liner in 2020 price list but not for Palace liner. They do keep fiddling with options, I wonder if it has gone to the "extras" list? mine is out of date now.

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes I think its just very slight irregularity on the foam that shows through, it is worse if you have the standard black graphics as being black they show everything up even more, that's why we went for the ridiculously expensive "carbon optic" option.

Martin
I opted for the Loft graphics on our Palace as the black trim is only a narrow frame rather than a solid lump.
The plain black vinyl has a nasty habbit of scratching.
Trying to find out now if the glass side panel could be an option

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
They do keep taking things from standard to option. Also they are migrating several of the Empire features to the Palace, glass wall being a case on point, so maybe they are trying to set some as elitist. But hang on wasn't the 1.4 aly standard on the Empire? I will look later.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I opted for the Loft graphics on our Palace as the black trim is only a narrow frame rather than a solid lump.
The plain black vinyl has a nasty habbit of scratching.
Trying to find out now if the glass side panel could be an option
Exactly Robert. The glass wall is a Palace option now but with projecting "proper glass" windows at circa E8900. I had the glass windows and they make difference and they are fitting the glass wall to mine in June.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Out of interest does any one else go wow lovely MoHo but what a price ?

More money than some people spend on their houses ?

Not knocking anyone just wondering ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back