Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Michael and Martin

Thanks for the pointer to LinerTreff which seems to be what I was thinking of, but did not know of it.

Also being German it should have a lot more experience and knowledge in it than the UK market websites.

Geoff
The clue is in the title Geoff "liner" great resource but not the banter we get on here (y) so I dip in see what's being discussed and then head back over here, even with Google Chrome I find that some things are lost in translation.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Where do owners go for insurance??
A couple of years ago we put the Flair and a couple of cars with the NFU hoping that when the time came to change the van they would cover a new and slightly more expensive one ;) , we have had a "what if" conversation with them and they seem quite laid back about the value and don't even want an alarm and tracker.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Michael and Martin

Thanks for the pointer to LinerTreff which seems to be what I was thinking of, but did not know of it.

Also being German it should have a lot more experience and knowledge in it than the UK market websites.

Geoff
You will find a lot of support information about a wide range of equipment and fitting style that is simply not on your average Fiat based motorhome. Take my door for example, I had an issue which I resolved myself and spent several hours disassembling, most of that finding how to get to this fixing or that wiring. Then someone posted a complete Janet and John with pictures, had that been up before I would have saved hours, but there are tons of others. But when you consider that say N+B manufacture 550 Flairs and Artos a year there is a lot more of them in Germany than here! As you have suggested. I find it fascinating to read, like on here you do get some drivel sometimes which fortunately Google seems to get stuck on. Its sort of an auto ignore button ;)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Great video Martin funflair noe I've found a fast enough connection to wstch it. The amount of chassis re-engineering is particularly impressive from about 19 minutes pappajohn . I particularly liked the mounting for the Bar seat.

Regarding engine access, It does look difficult, because everything is pushed forward but I imagine they will have given thought to it.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just had an email from Premium re the cost of glass side panels on a Palace.

€8,900 less discount (plus 115kg)

This includes an upgrade to glass windows which is obligatory

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007

That's why we are choosing not to have it. 115kg, lot of unnecessary weight for us that would be. Chunk of dosh too.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Difficult call Robert, but I already had the glass windows which are a significant improvement over the plastic ones both in noise attenuation and of course looks in my opinion.
Michael
What type of handles / stays do they have Michael ?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Difficult call Robert, but I already had the glass windows which are a significant improvement over the plastic ones both in noise attenuation and of course looks in my opinion.
Michael
Are they top opening or sliding Michael? Ive looked at a few Clou's with the sliding glass windows and wonder how you fare if you want a window open but its raining?

Jon

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
It’s interesting to see how we all evaluate “value and cost”. Although not in Morello territory our IH panel van with all its extras cost twice what a standard van conversion would. Value for money? Probably not. Value for Helen and I to get exactly what we wanted, Absolutely!!
Off to the Scottish Motorhome show tomorrow to look at a Wildax Elara, to see if flinging some money at it could solve the failings as we see them !!
Bill

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
My personal view, worth every penny the look is so special and individual I have a E35 Edition Concorde which has glass shiny panels down each side and I am always being complimented on them.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
FC166ABB-4A15-45C7-AF30-E6D7F16797AC.jpeg
36F4CEDF-FC6B-466E-9A51-BC0B91567331.jpeg
36F4CEDF-FC6B-466E-9A51-BC0B91567331.jpeg
Oo

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As as % of the overall purchase piece it’s more of a Chinese than a chunk me thinks
You are of course right Robert, but all these "Chinese" add up to a "chunk", and we could do without taking 115kg off the 1200kg payload ;)

Martin

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I guess that might have been your "35 edition" at Peterborough last year or was it the year before time flies, how many are there in the UK, next time I see it I will say hello.

Martin
Not me At Peterborough, there are only two in the UK so quite unique especially since only 35 were built the rest being in mainland Europe.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008

We paid £8600 for our first house, a three bed semi with garage and garden on a newish estate in Kent.
€8900 is an awful lot for a couple of pieces of glass. :Eeek:

Richard.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We paid £8600 for our first house, a three bed semi with garage and garden on a newish estate in Kent.
€8900 is an awful lot for a couple of pieces of glass. :Eeek:

Richard.

Having given the matter careful consideration and taking the extra weight into account, plus the very high cost......

furthermore Mrs C says I ain’t having it

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
How things change in a short human lifetime, I paid £550 for my first house in 1967 and lived in it for 4 years selling for £650 so, £100 profit yippee.

Oh, and before this I didn’t live in a shoe box in the middle of a roundabout:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back