How Should A Benimar's Doors Lock? (1 Viewer)

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
We have a new-to-us Benimar but I'm confused by the locking mechanisms. On the key remote, there are three buttons; top one showing a key on the cab doors, middle one showing a padlock and bottom one showing a key on what looks like the back of the MoHo. If I press the top one, it unlocks the cab doors. If I press the middle one, it locks the cab doors quite noisily. If I press the bottom one, it makes a quieter double click on the cab doors. Nothing at all happens with the hab door. The only way I can lock / unlock the hab door is with it's own key. However, this only locks it with the sliding up and down thing and does nothing with the two big bolts. What is the point of the two big bolts on the hab door if they don't do anything?

Can someone please explain to me what's supposed to happen, as I just can't get my around it!! :unsure: :rolleyes: Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Key Fob.png
    Key Fob.png
    856.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Door Lock.png
    Door Lock.png
    495.7 KB · Views: 39

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
No that’s correct the bottom button is for the side and rear doors of a van, on our Benimar you have to manually lock and unlock the Hab door 👍
Sorry don’t know about the two bolts 🤔

Last edited:
OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
No that’s correct the bottom button is for the side and rear doors of a van, on our Benimar you have to manually lock and unlock the Hab door 👍
Sorry don’t know about the two bolts 🤔
I don't have any rear doors....only the garage ones on a small key lock.

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Not all vans have central locking. If it does, the top button open the cab, the middle button locks everything and the bottom button opens the hab (or rear/side doors on a PVC). Even if you press to unlock the cab button, you may still hear the solenoids move in the hab door... mine also does it. Not sure why though.

If it's like ours, it won't engage the locking pins unless the door is latched closed. With the door open, flick the latch catch across so it thinks it's closed. The the fob should lock it... but remember to pull the handle on the door to open the latch and pins before you try to close the door!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
Inside a hab door mechanism from a Ducato based van. The latch moves the threaded rod to activate the microswitch. That's how it knows if the door is closed or not. It won't try to lock until the latch is closed.
PXL_20210731_145835558.jpg

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
There is no central locking for the hab door, You either lock it from the outside with a key or press the top catch down from inside to lock it. What model did you buy? The top unlocks the cab doors on my remote and middle locks them.

OP
OP
HKF

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
There is no central locking for the hab door, You either lock it from the outside with a key or press the top catch down from inside to lock it. What model did you buy? The top unlocks the cab doors on my remote and middle locks them.
Hi. We bought a Europe 740 :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back