How much to spend on very similar vans (1 Viewer)

Nov 8, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
PVC. Consort Oslo
Exp
Hi,

Im new here, looking to buy our first motorhome, and after some time and research, and 3 NEC visits, we have narrowed down quite a long short list down to a few rear lounge van conversions. Our favourites so far are the Autotrail V Line 635 and Vantage NEO (or possibly SOL). Also looking at Shire and and a couple of continental vans.

As things are quite confusing I have produced a spreadsheet to see whats included and whats standard in order to get a baseline cost. Perhaps over analysing, I suppose, but I was surprised to see the difference between the Autotrail and Vantage with like for like spec being over £15k. I read elsewhere on this forum that Vantage have great build quality and customer service, but are they really worth such price premiums? I am prepared to stretch to that, with perhaps stripping out some items to reduce the difference, because we really like the vans we saw at NEC this October.

Although Vantage may drop off the list for other reasons, as Ive tried calling, and 2 emails, with no response, so far, to my further questions.

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Oh dear, not calling you back when you want to give them a huge chunk of money!!

Imagine if you had a problem after you had parted with that money??

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G
Nov 8, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
PVC. Consort Oslo
Exp
Not holding it against them, yet, must be busy. its only a week

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Chopsticks

Free Member
Dec 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Shire Phoenix 2XL
Exp
Newbie!
We were in the same position comparing the various manufacturers but wanting a front lounge PVC.
Eventually narrowed it down to IH, Shire and MotoTrek with Shire winning due to their more competitive price and their 'can do' attitiude. They were very accomodating with the 'tweaks' that we wanted to personalise our van and always answered swiftly to any queries that we had.
Good luck!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back