How much time do you spend inebriated. (1 Viewer)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Far worse when we are in the van. Pull up handbrake on, swivel seat, out comes a beer or G&T then vino with the meal, have trouble doing an alcohol free day.
At home often go all week without anything then a bottle of wine between us over the weekend & a G&T while cooking dinner on Sunday. Do go out with my mate (@JonP) on a Friday night for 2 or 3 jars both of us are a away a lot in our vans so it's not that often. We go out swing dancing 2 or 3 times a week normally drink water apart from one venue once a month where the real ale is really good and cheap.

Having said that out with my mate tonight & tomorrow that place where the ale is good.:)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I,ve cut down loads since my sister was diagnosed with decompensated liver cirrhosis, the worst kind, one more drink and she will die, she has loads of complications, ascites, varices, blood in urine, kidney issues, complete exhaustion, spider naevi plus lots more.

Its a silent killer so I am a bit of a saddo now compared to what I used to be like.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Hope you're going before the end of march then:D
Not changing this into a B thread (for fear of a further ban !) but no, I m going to enjoy french wine, after April, on the tunnel which will work, possibly with my £5.50 IDP, and bringing back as much wine as I am allowed through customs, where there will hardly be a queue. I FEAR nothing after Bday.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I am not a heavy drinker, but am easily led by people like this :).
Mosel meet 005.JPG

f6c

Nov 7, 2010
gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
23 Years
If i had the money 12 hours a day hic hic:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
If it's just us two away somewhere in the MH then not much drinking IN the MH, but usually we're at some form of festival which does have real ales and ciders which do have to be tested !! But usually not more than say 4 pints per night.

BUT, when we are away with a large group of friends all parked up in the same place for a couple of weeks then the beer and wine doth flow liketh there was no tomorrow !!! Well, when someone walks past the MH and starts talking to you it is beholden on you to offer them a drink !! Then you'll be invited to another MH for a drink etc etc.

Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
In the (very) old days the 'sun never set on the British empire'.

So that must mean that it was always gin o'clock -- or at least gin for the officers and rum for the ratings (can't escape the maritime heritage).

Not sure what excuse we use now for permanent imbibement -- mourning loss of empire maybe?

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
EB9CDC6B-661B-4301-95F3-1BF0C11F3C8A.jpeg
Moved to a new aire today and Lynne said I’m drinking to much barcardi I agreed with her now I’m drinking Jonny Walker :LOL:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Chris and myself don't drink anymore.....

We also don't drink any less.....:whistle::wine:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
If it's just us two away somewhere in the MH then not much drinking IN the MH, but usually we're at some form of festival which does have real ales and ciders which do have to be tested !! But usually not more than say 4 pints per night.

BUT, when we are away with a large group of friends all parked up in the same place for a couple of weeks then the beer and wine doth flow liketh there was no tomorrow !!! Well, when someone walks past the MH and starts talking to you it is beholden on you to offer them a drink !! Then you'll be invited to another MH for a drink etc etc.

That sounds a lot like us. If we are moving on the next day I may have a small one with my evening meal, don't like to risk being over the limit next day. Have you seen the size of Spanish gins?
At home a glass of red on a Friday and Saturday or sunday and an occassional, measured, gin for me.
Benidorm is another story, we weren't with Funsters though.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
That sounds a lot like us. If we are moving on the next day I may have a small one with my evening meal, don't like to risk being over the limit next day. Have you seen the size of Spanish gins?
At home a glass of red on a Friday and Saturday or sunday and an occassional, measured, gin for me.
Benidorm is another story, we weren't with Funsters though.

Well I have seen the size of the old Queen Mother's gin poured, under supervision of her Private Secretary, at my boss's private Christmas Party. They may be similar. She only had one all evening.

She was a lovely lady and behaved as one. Just like her daughter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back