How much is it? (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Just been out for a few beers in Honfeur. Over 12 Euros for a pint. Bloody hell! Complained to staff, they apologised but stated there was nothing they could do.
There you go. The most expensive pint I have ever bought!
I wouldn’t mind but the site fee is 11 Euro with EHU

Deleted User
Just been out for a few beers in Honfeur. Over 12 Euros for a pint. Bloody hell! Complained to staff, they apologised but stated there was nothing they could do.
Don't drink beer in French bars, especially in tourist areas, especially in bars with a nice view. :Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Outrageous and most French beer is :sicker:

Beer is expensive in Italy too. I was in Israel a few years back and it was bloody outrageous there - about £14 a pint in a bar in Tel Aviv.

I had no idea how dear it was until I had sunk 5 or 6 and then asked for the bill.:rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Toady
Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Don't drink beer in French bars, especially in tourist areas, especially in bars with a nice view. :Smile:
You know it. Must leave the wife at home. I would drink in the back street bars but ‘no’ she says, this one looks lovely.😩

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
You know it. Must leave the wife at home. I would drink in the back street bars but ‘no’ she says, this one looks lovely.😩
It’s about £5 per coffee I think in those bars as well. So steer her away from morning coffee near the marina

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Tee Hee ! Cancalle, all along the front, beautiful restaurants with white tablecloths and gleaming cutlery at lunchtime advertising oysters and other lunchtime repasts. Prices an arm and a leg. Walk past them to the stalls on the corner where they serve the oysters which they open for you with their knife, on plastic oyster plates complete with half a fresh lemon, offer you poivre if you want it, you get your plastic glass of white wine from another stall and you have to sit on the steps in the sun to enjoy them with the French folk and pay about 95% less for the privilege.

Same oysters.

Good grief - even on package tours with mates in the 1960s, when you went drinking you didn't do it on the front!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's something to do once for the experience, you can say you have done it, pretty much like Venice, but once is enough, just go to the cafes behind, about half as much, but also only 25% of the ambiance.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's something to do once for the experience, you can say you have done it, pretty much like Venice, but once is enough, just go to the cafes behind, about half as much, but also only 25% of the ambiance.
Saying that though, we have done it half a dozen times, love it.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Tee Hee ! Cancalle, all along the front, beautiful restaurants with white tablecloths and gleaming cutlery at lunchtime advertising oysters and other lunchtime repasts. Prices an arm and a leg. Walk past them to the stalls on the corner where they serve the oysters which they open for you with their knife, on plastic oyster plates complete with half a fresh lemon, offer you poivre if you want it, you get your plastic glass of white wine from another stall and you have to sit on the steps in the sun to enjoy them with the French folk and pay about 95% less for the privilege.

Same oysters.

Good grief - even on package tours with mates in the 1960s, when you went drinking you didn't do it on the front!
No point in paying premium prices if you can't be sure that all the oysters will work ... Must go, something's come up ... (y) :giggle:

Steve

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I've just walked out of Morrisons because the Hobgoblin was £1.50 !!!!!!!!!:Eeek::swear2:

It's only £1 in Asda.. :cheers: :rofl:

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I've just walked out of Morrisons because the Hobgoblin was £1.50 !!!!!!!!!:Eeek::swear2:

It's only £1 in Asda.. :cheers: :rofl:
I walked out of Morrisons last Friday because they had Naan Bread Product Labels over unpriced Fruit Loaf stock and 2 staff members told me to go to the Enquiries Desk instead of bothering to find out the price and apologise for breaking the Trading Standards Regs, and the Duty Manager was pretty indifferent to the ineptitude.

Back to shopping at Asda where the staff are more efficient and more helpful. A brand new Lidl has opened directly opposite Morrisons a couple of weeks ago, so they really should be a little more cautious about driving away customers ...

Steve

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
But Free/Aires... makes it all great value, worth the tunnel/ferry fare...

Meanwhile, I'm supping real beer at £3.60 a pint with great Lakeland views...

20210923_122244_copy_800x450.jpg

Posh pub too :LOL:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back