How much does it cost to register new motorhome in the UK? (1 Viewer)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Hi, we are looking to buy a new motorhome later this year and i am thinking of having a personalised reg. can anyone advise on the actual cost of registering a new vehicle - i understand that the cost is going to be affected by how much we pay for the number plate, but i am hoping there might be a saving as the vehicle will not have been registered before - or is that just wishful thinking?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I would just let the dealer register it as normal. This way the vehicle has an issued standard number, will make things easier when you come to move the plate in the future as the original registration is allocated back to the vehicle.

Buy your private plate which almost always includes the transfer fee. Then you can transfer it over at your leisure, takes minutes as now done online.
Build into your costs that insurance may or may not charge a fee for the making changes.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I would just let the dealer register it as normal. This way the vehicle has an issued standard number, will make things easier when you come to move the plate in the future as the original registration is allocated back to the vehicle.

Buy your private plate which almost always includes the transfer fee. Then you can transfer it over at your leisure, takes minutes as now done online.
Build into your costs that insurance may or may not charge a fee for the making changes.
thanks, but i am trying to get a number that suits the vehicle as opposed to a reg number that suits 'me' - and would leave it on the vehicle if it was ever sold

sorry for not making that clear in the original message

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
thanks, but i am trying to get a number that suits the vehicle as opposed to a reg number that suits 'me' - and would leave it on the vehicle if it was ever sold

sorry for not making that clear in the original message

I would still do it the same way that tonka suggested

Get the vehicle registered as normal and then assign the plate - easily done online these days

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
First time registration fee is £55 plus the VED and whatever you paid for the plate. If you imported the vehicle you will need an IVA certificate that costs £100 from the VCA.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back