How many days before you need.... (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Although, being a bloke, piddling on the front wheel during the hours of darkness does extend the period.
o_O Not your OWN front wheel I hope! :eek:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You do know that isn't healthy? Kidney stones are painful and serious not to mention the other consequences such as urinary tract infections and weight gain as lack of water reduces the ability of the body to burn fat.

If you ain't peeing you ain't drinking enough water. :)

View attachment 260789
I understand all of that, I drink a lot of fluid normally (I do like mugs of tea) and have to make sure I have enough fluid as I can suffer from cystitis if I don't, but I don't overdo it either; we still pee - hubby does so more than me, but that's probably because he likes a beer which can go pretty much straight through him, whereas I don't drink alcohol (can't stand the taste!).

Those who drink alcohol will find they pee more than those who have soft drinks for example, as alcohol is a diuretic and they tend to consumed a greater quantity of fluid at one time too, eg for hubby it would be a 500ml can as opposed to a 250ml mug of tea for me, but then I'll have another later whereas he might not, but he can pee for England whereas I'm more peeing for Wales! :D

oppy

Free Member
Nov 8, 2014
Glossop, North Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Coach built Lunar
Exp
5 years
o_O Not your OWN front wheel I hope! :eek:
Oh yes, Johnny foreigner gets a bit miffed when one does it on his. Mind you, if it's very dark a bloke can piddle with gay abandon just about anywhere around the van, though not recommended, nearby bushes will do. In the 19th century, and I believe still unreprieved, the law allows for gentlemen drivers to urinate on the front wheel away from the footpath, providing one hand was on the vehicle. But I may be mistaken.
Anyway, it leaves lots of room for the ladies to fill up the van loo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
... if it's very dark a bloke can piddle with gay abandon just about anywhere around the van ...
I now have the funniest image of you prancing round the van, Larry Grayson style, piddling, here, there and everywhere ... "Shut that door Evrard, what a gay day!". :ROFLMAO:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
The average for cassette seems to be two days..! Your all full of s.....:D2 you do know your eating to much to produce all that....:LOL:

Doesn’t anyone use public toilets when there out and about..? If I know ones close I’ll save it for the public one...:D

Anyway Frankie @yodeli France has lots of lovely Aires where one can easily obtain water and dispose of waste so it doesn’t matter if it’s only one day because they will probably be on an aire every day....(y)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
We can get 4-5 days from a 100ltr tank and 4 days from a cassette

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
They want to tour the UK .... Scotland is on the list .... So aires... mmmm won't be that easy to find. Campsites will be a must , but it might get quickly pricey!!

So it seems “the grass is always greener on the other side” the French are funny, wanting to visit the uk .....:LOL:

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
136 litre fresh, about 4 days with the 2 of us using the shower daily. SWMBO washes her long hair every other day; however we fill up whenever possible, even carry another 80-100litres in
136 litre fresh, about 4 days with the 2 of us using the shower daily. SWMBO washes her long hair every other day; however we fill up whenever possible, even carry another 80-100litres in water jerrycans under the bed, so extends out to 5/6 days if required.

80 litre waste, but I leave the tap open and pour my peas and carrots wherever possible :pinocchio:
Cassette is out to 3 days absolutely max, if we only use a spray dilution of disinfectant and water to freshen up the loo, but flush for the "big stuff" after using the Happy Bowl Liners.

View attachment 260791 View attachment 260793 View attachment 260792

jerrycans under the bed, so extends out to 5/6 days if required.

80 litre waste, but I leave the tap open and pour my peas and carrots wherever possible :pinocchio:
Cassette is out to 3 days absolutely max, if we only use a spray dilution of disinfectant and water to freshen up the loo, but flush for the "big stuff" after using the Happy Bowl Liners.

View attachment 260791 View attachment 260793 View attachment 260792

We use HAPPY BOWL,,think they are brilliant,,,BUSBY,,

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
120l fresh will last around 5 days but waste is only, 70l so only about 4.
Cassette 2 days, that's with two of us with daily showers. On my own though water 10 days and cassette 5 at least.
We have two cassettes and normally empty whenever possible likewise grey. We fill up with water every couple of days if it's free.

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
They want to tour the UK .... Scotland is on the list .... So aires... mmmm won't be that easy to find. Campsites will be a must , but it might get quickly pricey!!

Depending on how long they will be touring they could consider joining the Caravan and Motorhome club, this entitles them to use the network of CLs (certificated locations) which are half the price of sites and the nearest we come to Aires

Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2009
If they are touring in central scotland, they are welcome to empty cassette and fill up with fresh at my house.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I used cl/Cs in the past but so many now have ehu, some even toilets and expect you to pay accordingly.
When I used them, some years back true, they were always under a fiver. I believe there are still some which offer just waste dump and water at a sensible price but they may be harder to find.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
Our tank is about 70 litres and we could last a bit over two days if we didn't shower. With showering not much more than one day - but this is without trying to conserve water. We have to empty our cassette daily.
We're about the same. Cassette lasts more than one day but definitely not two days. I have 220L fresh water which lasts 6 - 7 days. I can't find a figure for grey capacity si I'll say adequate - we empty grey when we fill with fresh. We don't try very hard to conserve water.

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Probably shouldn’t mention this as I think some may frown at us.
We are 2 men in a motorhome so we have the option of peeing in a bottle to eek out the cassette.
That's what trees are for:D. Wouldnt have the forestation if there were no men. Not a bear so haven't sh*t in the woods .
Agree with most , 2 days for cassette.
Jojn

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Cassette 2 to 3 days. Fresh water we use about 10L a day without showering in the van, so can last 9 days on a tank full.

That's about our consumption although the large C400 cassette can last 4-5 days if you avoid flushing it -- and me finding a bush for a pea.
We only fill up with half a tank of water (50ltr) on days when we need a shower and that can last 4 days.
So generally we are looking for services every 4-5 days.

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Probably shouldn’t mention this as I think some may frown at us.
We are 2 men in a motorhome so we have the option of peeing in a bottle to eek out the cassette.
Is it beer bottles you use? I found one on a site we were at and I said to the Mrs it tastes like cats pee!
Hmmm maybe it wasn't cats pee :whistle:

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
native French people pee outside from our experience ... yes we HAVE seen women doing it as well as men!
Do they go two at a time? Always been a mystery to me why when we go to a dance or something that the women always go to the loo two at a time ......... or maybe it's just a Scottish thing:whistle:

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
The real reason men want a bigger member, throw it out the window and off you go:D. Impersonation of a petrol pump.
Ah well I'll just use the bottle then, damn.
John

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
The real reason men want a bigger member, throw it out the window and off you go:D. Impersonation of a petrol pump.
You'd need to be quick. When I stayed in Glasgow it was a bit cold at this time of year;):LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
John
... would one of those little mini-alcohol bottles be about the right 'fitting' size ... you know the type you get in hotel room fridges? :D2

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
... would one of those little mini-alcohol bottles be about the right 'fitting' size ... you know the type you get in hotel room fridges? :D2
Always wondered what to do with the empties:D.
John

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
You'd need to be quick. When I stayed in Glasgow it was a bit cold at this time of year;):LOL:
Just got to choose the right day . Can be mild here.................sometimes
John

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Theres a point that no one has mentioned as yet on this Cassette Thread...Size does matter.;)
I notice when emptying ours that we appear to have a rather small Thetford one (C250/60 I think) grey with orange bits and wheels, whereas some turn up with much bigger cassettes they are Grey with yellow bits and wheels, and they seem much longer, so those lucky peeps should get more days use out of theirs than the mere two that we do.
I also eek out the filling by having a moonlight stroll, but not ever go on my new shiny alloy wheels, as it may take the paint off after a few single malts have passed through....I know TMI as usual:D
Les

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
If you want something a bit more discrete that weeing outside you could use one of these and then empty it somewhere ...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
John
window? I stick it through the skylight and later ask the neighbouring german if they noticed and rain showers

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
If you want something a bit more discrete that weeing outside you could use one of these and then empty it somewhere ...
TinaL would probably say to me that I would miss that one as well in the dark, My response to her...well in that instance, you could offer to hold it for me dear:D I know, I know TMI again!, sorry folks.
Les

Mar 26, 2012
Belfast
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
One of the joys of the Laika is the marine toilet. It has two tanks for the toilet the first one holds the same as a cassette. You can attach a cassette to it, open the valve and fill and then empty the cassette. Or you can open the valve between the tanks and fill the bottom one which, if my memory is correct, holds about two cassettes worth giving you a total equivalent of 3 cassettes of 'stuff'.
Because of the above, the 120 litre fresh and 100 litre grey, we always reckon we could survive without refilling or emptying anything for 7 days with showering every two days.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We can have a toilet cassette last for up to 5 days but that really depends on how much we drink and how hot it is ... if it's hot weather obviously we drink more but find that as we utilise the fluid in our bodies more, less comes out! :D

However, as you are a French person Frankie I would expect you to make a cassette last at least 10 days seeing as most native French people pee outside from our experience ... yes we HAVE seen women doing it as well as men! :LOL:

yes so have we, quite a few French women doing it outside, it became a running joke with us this year in July, they all seemed to have little campervans, VW's etc , don't they have bloody toilets? Quite embarrassing it was, "There she goes again, into the trees, bushes, in full view, not thick bushes just sparse'' Not a care in the world as if it was completely natura!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back