How bored are you ??? (1 Viewer)

Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
If you stand still in our garden for too long you’ll get stained.
Everything’s been getting a coat this week.
Chester food and drink festival today.
( live in Chester, so staying in the van on the drive eating and drinking)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
No thats obsession??
Hi.
I AM CURED !! I am NOT Obsessive. :hi5: :hi5: (y) My screws ( All mixed together) and nails (All mixed together ) are rusting away nicely in the OLD Tin boxes Soap powder used to come in. Daughter and SIL Conversation.... Daughter. " Dad will have some of those in the garage,go and see him ". SIL. " It will be quicker for me to walk to Coimbra and back (80km ?) to fetch what i want and do the JOB!!. by the time he has tipped his boxes out and sorted through rusty screws that have been salvaged from a thousand jobs,it will be another four days.". Keeps the Santa Comba Dao hardware shop busy........
Tea Bag

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Not bored at all, been getting with jobs I kept putting off. Not made much difference to us as we are often home this time of year. Only difference really is not being able to nip out when you want to, the only thing we miss is not being able to go dancing 2 or 3 times a week like we normally would.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Retiring early at 47 has made me immune to boredom (y)
Do a bit of something every day, feel like you have done your bit, then rest.

Also having 2 grandkids living with us full time keeps me busy...
Quite enjoyed last night, sat out in the garden having a couple of Hobgoblins i found in the van :giggle:
Watching the kids blast the crap out of some squirells ;)

IMG_20200411_195120.jpg

Its a joke about the squirell's.. Just cans and pop bottles.. Really..

I sort out the vermin..

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Not bored but bordering on obsessive too.

I have been clearing out my son's old bedroom. There is paperwork dating back nearly 20 years. There are clothes that he hasn't been able to fit into for 15 years. There are boxes and carrier bags of 'bits' - drawers from previous residences just emptied willy nilly but requiring sorting in case there is something precious or memorable in there.

I have now found the floor and am working my way towards the walls.

My plan is to strip and paint one wall, put up shelves and gradually sort everything back into the room in a semblance of order.

I may be some time......

simbadog

Free Member
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
I reckon there will be loads of accidents when everyone gets their motorhomes back on the road! Mainly caused by other motorists being blinded by their dazzling appearance :laughing:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not so much bored as lethargic ... there's stuff I could be doing and, if all of this hadn't happened I'd be doing it (such as putting our place back on the market etc), but as there's no chance of it selling any time soon I just haven't got the impetus to do it. Yesterday afternoon I did do some gardening for a couple of hours ... might do a bit more today if I feel like it ... I've got stuff I want to do on the MH too but I don't really want to go in it as it makes me sad to know I won't be able to use it for a while.

May 10, 2018
Bucks
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
MH newbie but we owned a caravan previously.
We are taking turns going into the front garden and knocking on the front door so the other one can get a visitor. I tried doing it by myself. Going out the back, running round the front, knocking on the door and running back indoors to answer it. More fun if the two of you do it though ?

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
Fascinating! I took almost a morning to sort out my spice jars and discard old ones. The oldest being "BBE Sept 1996"..... And then clean out the kitchen cupboards; oh yes, I really was that bored! I would clear out the sheds but with our tip (sorry, household recycling centre) closed, that's a job for "tomorrow", which, as we know, never comes - thank goodness!

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Crikey not bored at all! We still do our 4 mile walk every day, but there’s also our Villasol Keep Fit session with Handsome Julio on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday - the pocket rocket, smiling assassin quickweh Pauline attends as well, but as its through Zoom, we think we’re safe enough from her voodoo style injurious antics .....

Julio is starting Spanish lessons on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so what with all that and Wednesday Uke sessions with my BUGs, Choirjam on Mondays, and lockdown Discos on Fridays, my life is not dull.

We watch Andrew Lloyd Webber’s ‘The Shows Must Go On’ on Youtube after the Lockdown Disco. So far he’s shown Joseph and his multicoloured coat, and Jesus Christ Superstar which was the fantastic 2018 version.

I still don’t intend doing any cleaning until week 11, and if lockdown goes on after that, so will my sluttish, non housework regime continue! :rofl:

To escape the doom and gloom, I’ve been reading the complete chronicles of Anne of Avonlea - wonderful books. Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia has been on my wish list for a long time, maybe after this crap is all over ......

Apart from not seeing our Rob, Catie and my mum, I’m quite content. ....

Apart from one HUGE downer - production of The Archers has stopped!!!!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back