Exp
since 2012
We have hole in our new van:confused:

IMG_3588 2.jpg

and here:(

IMG_3589.jpg

and a mess everywhere:sneaky:

IMG_3590.jpg

And the end result a Omni-view 360 camera system.

IMG_3593.jpg

We elected to have the screen in Portrait and a second one on the passenger side so Jen can keep an eye on me (don't know if thats a good idea) anti made sense to me to look in the screen on the same side as the mirror when making lane changes.

IMG_3596.jpg

Happy days.

Last edited:
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Dare I ask how much and who fitted it?
Like the idea of two screens........very sensible. (y)

Richard.
We purchased it from Trailervision and they use V-Tech to do the install, into the third day now as they are doing the Concorde behind us as well, had two fitters in yesterday and they were both great, today we just have the top guy and you just need 100% faith.

How much? well not to spoil the GTB but Robert is very close, we did a deal for three and got a bit of discount which we then spent plus a bit more on the extra screen, just made sense to me to be looking in the screen the same side as the mirrors, the fitter had never done portrait or two screens so he took some persuading that it would be right but he is now well chuffed with it and will be doing more this way I think.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Having that aerial view camera on a very long self-stick is going to cause some problems with low bridges and overhanging branch's. ::bigsmile:

How the hell does that work?
Tis done like this, now how long is it going to take til the Chinese cheapo systems are available?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Tis done like this, now how long is it going to take til the Chinese cheapo systems are available?

Yes thats it in Landscape view, if its too hot we can just leave all the blinds down now to keep the sun out and put the front camera on:ROFLMAO:, don't try this at home though children;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
If you're brave enough you could fit it yourself for about Ā£1000.. :unsure:

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Now I also like the idea of the second screen šŸ‘

think it would have really helped me not to bump the car under cutting me at a roundabout, even with mine fitted šŸ¤” as you say you will be looking that way anyway šŸ‘ great thinking

BTW I had a screen fail last year after only three years, had to pay but not too bad, about Ā£120 from memory but while being built have a look at where your connectors are , they come with about a metre of cable but I feared my dash might need to come out again. Particularly your non driver side one may be routed across by the screen šŸ¤”šŸ‘

mine luckily had enough slack to pull back out and then a very easy swap

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Is this the one Martin?

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Is this the one Martin?

Its the omni-vue 360 digital HD Robert, no sure of the difference though.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Now I also like the idea of the second screen šŸ‘

think it would have really helped me not to bump the car under cutting me at a roundabout, even with mine fitted šŸ¤” as you say you will be looking that way anyway šŸ‘ great thinking

BTW I had a screen fail last year after only three years, had to pay but not too bad, about Ā£120 from memory but while being built have a look at where your connectors are , they come with about a metre of cable but I feared my dash might need to come out again. Particularly your non driver side one may be routed across by the screen šŸ¤”šŸ‘

mine luckily had enough slack to pull back out and then a very easy swap
All in the dash David and then feeding up behind the A pillar trim, he said the cable runs were quite easy in the MORELO as there is some preinstalled trunking but the Concorde is bit more of a challenge.

Last edited:
May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Does the system do continuous (either 24/7 or just when driving) recording from all the cameras ? That would be useful in the event of attempted theft or a RTA.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Does the system do continuous (either 24/7 or just when driving) recording from all the cameras ? That would be useful in the event of attempted theft or a RTA.
If you have the analogue system which is less money you can have recording but not sure how many channels, it will be available for our system but they have not got the recorder for the HD digital quite yet.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you're brave enough you could fit it yourself for about Ā£1000.. :unsure:
Well yes you could fit it yourself but not this system for Ā£1000 as it's thick end of Ā£1800 for the kit and then you need to be able to configure it and set it all up. We had two guys 8 till 7:30 yesterday and another 3 hours this morning and that somebody who had done it all before.

Attachments

• Surround-View, With Pricing.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
There was one already fitted to mine and find it fantastic for any manoeuvres, as if looking down plan view when reversing it is v accurate, when you indicate you get a side view down the van so no blind spots, it also records on a camos system, thatā€™s a little more posh than mine though.šŸ‘

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I love all this "techie" stuff. But cannot help thinking that when it fails your are back to the Mk1 Eyeball, and the computer just behind it. Use it or Lose it?. Putting a 45ft trailer blind side on to a load bay is a skill that will soon be lost?.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I love all this "techie" stuff. But cannot help thinking that when it fails your are back to the Mk1 Eyeball, and the computer just behind it. Use it or Lose it?. Putting a 45ft trailer blind side on to a load bay is a skill that will soon be lost?.
Like changing gears yourself and not waiting for your ( whatever DAF's is called) to pick the wrong one.

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Now that looks to be a great bit of kit.

The big question: Are there any other mods to be done to the Palace now or is that it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back