Jul

Highlands End Campsite & Jurassic Fields Festival Dorset Meet 7-11 July 2022 (1 Viewer)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Have looked at the form with a view to booking - so many choices regarding pitches - is there one area for MHF?? Because it looks like a large site - advice please :D
I've booked the cheap seats (grass) for the last 2 years and next year again not much difference in the cost and the difference pays the fuel down gravel and grass are very close even this year with heavey water logging the grass was OK

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Wombles made booking but totally messed up the dates, so I will be ringing them tomorrow :blush:

Booked grass added one extra night

Sally-Ann & Josie (pooch)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wombles made booking but totally messed up the dates, so I will be ringing them tomorrow :blush:

Booked grass added one extra night

Sally-Ann & Josie (pooch)
Many do add extra nights anyway as it's a good location but hope you get it sorted - have added you to the list (y) :)

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Unfortunately I've tried ringing three times to try and get MY error corrected, even left a message with booking details and still no call back. Will just have to keep trying......note to self: be more careful and write the dates down before booking.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Unfortunately I've tried ringing three times to try and get MY error corrected, even left a message with booking details and still no call back. Will just have to keep trying......note to self: be more careful and write the dates down before booking.
the office Not fully staffed on weekends and it is a big time for change overs give them a call on Monday or maybe try emailing it will be dealt with I'm sure they were very quick helping me out with the discount that had not been added

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
If the booking line 01308 426947 (different to Reception) is busy then suggest emailing bookings@wdlh.co.uk - can imagine how busy they must be right now but sure they will catch up when possible.

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Feb 9, 2018
Carmarthen, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Dec 2017
Took me a while to get hold of them too, just have to keep trying, I found midweek was best. Good luck!

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
All sorted now. I smiled at the solo person discount was wiped out by charge for dog.....thinking not appropriate to try washing her in the showers though ;)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
All sorted now. I smiled at the solo person discount was wiped out by charge for dog.....thinking not appropriate to try washing her in the showers though ;)
Good to hear that you got it sorted - there is actually a shower for dogs at Highlands End, a 3 and a half acre enclosed meadow for exercising dogs off the lead & lovely Eype beach (a walk away) is dog friendly all year round :)

1627330555528.png

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Highlands End have just sent out an email to all their customers encouraging bookings for next year so for anyone who wants to book but hasn't yet please don't leave it too long as with the current demand for camping the dates for this one could fill up even quicker than ever before.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Major band announcement for Jurassic Fields 2022 :Grin: - these were in the Big Top tent before (same again next year) & were very popular:

1631207478193.png

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
We've got solar panel and a lithium battery, so we'll be able to charge the dog ourselves ... :unsure: :LOL:

Steve

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We've got solar panel and a lithium battery, so we'll be able to charge the dog ourselves ... :unsure: :LOL:

Steve
Hi Steve - if you do decide to book then let me know & I'll add you to the forum list - trying to think of a witty reply but I've been in meetings all day so no humour left!

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
Hi Steve - if you do decide to book then let me know & I'll add you to the forum list - trying to think of a witty reply but I've been in meetings all day so no humour left!
Hi Karen,

Sorry, it's my 3rd Form Humour, topped up by watching a BBC4 repeat of Parkinson's interviews with the Goons, especially Spike Milligan's contributions! 'How long were you in the Army?' '5ft 11' :LOL: I'm retired, so no taxing of the brain [it would involve a rebate], and it's cold, wet and damned miserable weather in Scotland, so idle hands and all that!

We're hoping to be in France [2 years+ maintenance backlog in our hovel by next Summer for starters!], so we'll probably just have to keep fingers crossed re this Booking!

Steve

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
IMPORTANT UPDATE for those booked on grass pitches:
The purple grass pitches circled below will be changing to gravel with EHU pitches next year & the remaining purple & red pitches will be the grass pitches with EHU. If anyone wants to change pitch type to gravel with EHU (pitches in grey) or hard base with EHU (pitches in brown) concrete & gravel with water & drainage (some of these pitches are quite small) to be nearer to the facilities then just call Highlands End Booking Office on 01308 426947 to arrange to pay the difference with no admin. fee charged for this booking change. More info. on full range of pitch types here https://wdlh.co.uk/holiday-parks/highlands-end/motorhome-touring-pitches/ - just checking if the new grass non EHU pitches for small units ("VW") in the Shepherds Field https://wdlh.co.uk/accommodation/little-shepherds-grass-pitch-non-electric/ will be available for our Meet dates.
Pitch numbers are not allocated at Highlands End - on arrival you drive around & choose from what's available of the pitch type that you have booked - having agreement for Funsters to arrive from midday rather than 2pm is helpful as more choice then.

1633686893307.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For info. the Little Shepherds Field with non EHU grass pitches is "only suitable for VW sized units and tents, only open for Friday and Saturday nights out of season and then its open all the time in the school holidays periods. The field doesn’t have marked out pitches. It is fairly level, its priced at £2 cheaper per night than our electric pitches."

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
IMPORTANT UPDATE for those booked on grass pitches:
The purple grass pitches circled below will be changing to gravel with EHU pitches next year & the remaining purple & red pitches will be the grass pitches with EHU. If anyone wants to change pitch type to gravel with EHU (pitches in grey) or hard base with EHU (pitches in brown) concrete & gravel with water & drainage (some of these pitches are quite small) to be nearer to the facilities then just call Highlands End Booking Office on 01308 426947 to arrange to pay the difference with no admin. fee charged for this booking change. More info. on full range of pitch types here https://wdlh.co.uk/holiday-parks/highlands-end/motorhome-touring-pitches/ - just checking if the new grass non EHU pitches for small units ("VW") in the Shepherds Field https://wdlh.co.uk/accommodation/little-shepherds-grass-pitch-non-electric/ will be available for our Meet dates.
Pitch numbers are not allocated at Highlands End - on arrival you drive around & choose from what's available of the pitch type that you have booked - having agreement for Funsters to arrive from midday rather than 2pm is helpful as more choice then.

View attachment 545882
That’s a pity as those are our favourite grass pitches, having said that we’re currently on one of the purple ones with a sea view as the site is pretty empty. We’re using up our booking from July when we had to cancel because Claire was home on leave. It’s lovely here! Thanks for the heads up Karen.

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
Hi Karen & Alan, booked and paid deposit, as yet unconfirmed, will pay the remainder tomorrow,
Marg & Alan - bigalw35 - gravel pitch

By the way the discount feature is working now 😉👍

Friday 15/10/21 NOW CONFIRMED

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back