Free Member
Feb 17, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
VW transporter conversion
Exp
4 years
After years of pondering, do I purchase another caravan, shall I buy a folding camper, we decided that a motorhome was the way to go.
We purchased a second hand Ci Carioca 644 (2005) in October 2010. We managed one weekend trip in it, before putting it into storage for the winter.

The motorhome had only 11,500 miles on the clock and had not been used for over a year has the previous owner had become ill and could no longer drive.

We joined the caravan club and tried out the site at Bognor Regis as this was only 30 miles from home. We also took all our camping equipment (not the tent) in case we could not work out how to use the new luxuries like the on board water tank, Gas cooker etc. This as it turned out was a wise move as on the first night we lost all 12v electrics even though we were on hookup. This we are hoping is only the Leisure battery dying and I have purchased a new one in anticipation of our first trip this year in March. I would like to get an habitation service done before this also, just to make sure the charging facility has not broken. It could of course be a switch that I did not turn on after pitching up, this hopefully will be easily checked going through the owners manual. I really am one for not reading manuals and wasting hours working things out for myself. I will let you all know how I get on. If there is anyone in the Mid-Sussex Area and has used a Caravan/motorhome service engineer by the name of Nigel Wilson , could you please let me knoe your experiences

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and a warm welcome to the fun in the sun, in winter a grumpy lot though, hee hee. Look out for the quiz tonight in the chatroom. 8pm don't be late.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi sealski, welcome to MotorhomeFun.:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Warm welcome, sealski, but with that moniker you're probably warm enough!

Anyway, as a Fffulllly FFlledged FFreezing FFunster myself - well almost, I wished we were down in Sussex by the Sea today!

Bask on, and have fun

Cheers

Tony

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi & Welcome to MHF, happy travelling:flyingwelcome:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi :welcome: to motorhome fun :thumb: well what can we say a eventful weekend, many people :roflmto: when you say you spent your first night on your drive, but doing that you don't need to pack your camping gear!:winky: Still you survived it that's the main thing.:Smile:

We use Mark a member on here for our habitation check and he does it when we go to the Motorhome Shows. :Smile: http://www.central-leisure-services.co.uk/

Being down the south coast you have: http://www.johnscross.co.uk/pages/Workshop.html

And Peter may even give you a discount. :Smile:

Bob and Jane. :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome
Different van but we have a switch at the back door at floor level which if turned off turns all elecs off so might be something the same on yours.

Gerry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back