Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
We are in Worcestershire which is our local area for Doctors etc...been on club sites all winter now going to be homeless...anyone with anything in the area can accommodate us...obviously not expecting anything for free...just safe....don't want to end up in a layby now thanks to Club sites decision

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hopefully someone will be able to assist you in finding a safe place (y)
I can't believe the CMC have told all long stay full timers to leave instead of just closing to new bookings and closing communal facilities.
Seems like a decision taken in haste and causing unnecessary distress.

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
It is my understanding that the two major caravan clubs don't allow full timers but limit stays to 21 (?) days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 4, 2017
Newton Stewart, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Imala 615
Exp
Since 2000
I think a lot of Club site wardens are going to be in the same boat. Many of them rent out their properties and live permanently in their vans. Hopefully the Clubs will allow sites to open for full timers. I think the 21 day rule is a licensing requirement. Local councils could be asked to waive this.

OP
OP
Garry - June

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
I think a lot of Club site wardens are going to be in the same boat. Many of them rent out their properties and live permanently in their vans. Hopefully the Clubs will allow sites to open for full timers. I think the 21 day rule is a licensing requirement. Local councils could be asked to waive this.
Yes you are spot on...we all know the 21 day rule and all know many get around this by leaving and going around the sites....however these are also exceptional times...surely people are not advocating that fulltimers be evicted out on to the roads and layby's...is that at all responsible...IMO this is a far more sensible approach.... "
The British Holiday & Home Parks Association has contacted its members who own and manage some 2,900 holiday and touring parks across the UK and strongly advised that they should, with immediate effect, close their parks to all holiday visitors.
This includes all touring guests – those with touring caravans, motorhomes and tents – as well as all those who rent self-catering holiday accommodation, including glamping, holiday caravans and lodges, and all the owners of holiday caravans located on the park who are able to do so.
The association said: “Whilst we acknowledge that a complete closure of all holiday parks would be desirable, doing so would – in some instances – result in actions contrary to the advice of Government.
“Where the owners of holiday caravans have self-isolated and are presently in situ on the holiday park, requiring them to return home, often a considerable distance away, would necessitate journeys of the type we are all being asked to avoid in order to mitigate the risk of spreading the virus and may send them back to the very risk they have isolated from.”
It said it was in discussion with the Government on the matter, and urged ministers to issue a directive for all holiday parks across the industry as soon as possible."

Our situation is different though...we are on a site local to us...where we are registered with the local Doctors etc etc...for us it would be a simple eviction on to the roads with nowhere to go..

Deleted User
What would happen if you just refused to leave on the basis you have no where else to go. How would they physically evict you or is it a case you need access to their facilities which they could lock.

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
What would happen if you just refused to leave …….
I guess they would have to prosecute for trespass which is a civil not a criminal offence so the police wouldn't be interested, and if the civil Court sittings are suspended.....?

OP
OP
Garry - June

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
No we don't need facilities we are self sufficient apart from emptying and taking on water...but wouldn't like to cause problems for the owners as they are lovely people who are actually pretty distraught at the thought of evicting us on to the roads with nowhere to go... just wish the clubs would think about the situation a bit more and do the right thing.... have been trying to contact them all morning to ask about our situation but as you can guess cannot get through..

Deleted User
Perhaps Jim could set up a separate section for people offering or requiring help, and apologies if it already exists but can't find it if it does.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
No we don't need facilities we are self sufficient apart from emptying and taking on water...but wouldn't like to cause problems for the owners as they are lovely people who are actually pretty distraught at the thought of evicting us on to the roads with nowhere to go... just wish the clubs would think about the situation a bit more and do the right thing.... have been trying to contact them all morning to ask about our situation but as you can guess cannot get through..
Are you on a Club site or a CL? I’m a fulltimer who has over-wintered on various Club sites, currently at Cirencester CC and refusing to leave. Wardens have contacted HO who are supposedly going to review each fulltimer case individually. Haven’t heard anything yet but am giving them time to do the decent thing and let full timers stay put - especially after all the money we have given them over the winter.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Sorry to hear about your plight.

As you only need water and somewhere to dump waste I wonder if it would be worth phoning farms in your area. It might be that they have a spare acre that they'd be happy to let you stay on?

OP
OP
Garry - June

Garry - June

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia
Exp
Are you on a Club site or a CL? I’m a fulltimer who has over-wintered on various Club sites, currently at Cirencester CC and refusing to leave. Wardens have contacted HO who are supposedly going to review each fulltimer case individually. Haven’t heard anything yet but am giving them time to do the decent thing and let full timers stay put - especially after all the money we have given them over the winter.
Hi ...we are on a cl...and have been doing the usual merry go round through the winter... the one we are on now is local to us for doctors etc and we have used them a lot and become good friends with the owners....as I said they were pretty distraught at having to evict us with nowhere to go....we actually have one guy here who is a NHS worker at Worcester hospital so what are they supposed to do...evict him too....not the responsible thing to do.... we could all decide to stay put as you are but don't want to cause problems for the owners....surely the sensible thing to do is for the clubs to tell owners if needed they are permitted to allow fulltimers somewhere to stay..

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi ...we are on a cl...and have been doing the usual merry go round through the winter... the one we are on now is local to us for doctors etc and we have used them a lot and become good friends with the owners....as I said they were pretty distraught at having to evict us with nowhere to go....we actually have one guy here who is a NHS worker at Worcester hospital so what are they supposed to do...evict him too....not the responsible thing to do.... we could all decide to stay put as you are but don't want to cause problems for the owners....surely the sensible thing to do is for the clubs to tell owners if needed they are permitted to allow fulltimers somewhere to stay..
Unfortunately this ‘mass eviction’ just seems to be a knee-jerk reaction by the ‘Clubs’ - without any consideration of the implications. If the CL owners don’t actually want you to leave, then I would be inclined to stay put. What are the CC actually going to do to the CL owners? Accuse them of showing a bit of common sense and compassion in letting you stay? Two virtues that seem to be in pretty short supply at the moment. :RollEyes:

Dec 24, 2014
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
What are the CC actually going to do to the CL owners? Accuse them of showing a bit of common sense and compassion in letting you stay? Two virtues that seem to be in pretty short supply at the moment. :RollEyes:

Sell the m/h to the site owner temporarily for a pound and then stay in it til it's all over.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Unfortunately this ‘mass eviction’ just seems to be a knee-jerk reaction by the ‘Clubs’ - without any consideration of the implications. If the CL owners don’t actually want you to leave, then I would be inclined to stay put. What are the CC actually going to do to the CL owners? Accuse them of showing a bit of common sense and compassion in letting you stay? Two virtues that seem to be in pretty short supply at the moment. :RollEyes:

if the owners of these cl’s do not evict you what will happen to them..? Will they get prosecuted..? Fined or flogged to death by the caravan club...?
what are they afraid of happening...? And who is going to know that you have/are staying there...? So many ?s I know but let’s be logical here what authority is going to punish them for letting you sit in a field...?

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I suspect that the CAMC may say they can't be one of their CLs but the owners would probably have the option of being a CCC CS site, or a MCC CL site or even a Funster 5 van site!

Sucoz

Free Member
Oct 28, 2018
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
‘A’ Class
Exp
since 2011
It is my understanding that the two major caravan clubs don't allow full timers but limit stays to 21 (?) days.
This is true but camc had relaxed the rule because of circumstances until the decision yesterday to close as of Tuesday 1pm.
We had to book a ferry back to the Isle of Wight to stay on my sisters drive. If we hadn't got back today, after Boris' announcement we may have had difficulty staying anywhere.
Full timers are square pegs in round holes

Jul 18, 2010
Bournemouth and Gibraltar
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2003
Our situation is that we had planned to be away from home for a lengthy time and to part finance it we have allowed friends to rent/house-sit our property whilst we are away. We have returned early and are staying in the same private site where we always return to during our annual Uk stays. It is local to our home so we are not burdening another health authority.
If we are “evicted”, we have to evict our friends from our house in turn. Hasn’t Government declared that no-one can be evicted? So where would that leave us?

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Our situation is different though...we are on a site local to us...where we are registered with the local Doctors etc etc...for us it would be a simple eviction on to the roads with nowhere to go..
It seems very unfair to me,,, hows about if you simply refused to move,,, I would imagine that the powers of the site owners/managers are extremely limited in such a situation.
They'd probably have to apply for an eviction order and would they bother? I'd walk away and leave you be,,,
Worth considering?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back