Help! :( (1 Viewer)

Goingforit

Free Member
Sep 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Struggling with getting cover for full time touring (UK for now), American 'used' (smallish RV - 9 metres) registered here now since 2007, no fixed abode only correspondence address for post. As it is completely legal to live in MH in the UK and to choose not to have a fixed abode, I am gobsmacked that companies like Comfort and Caravan and Motorhome Club and a few others - recommended by fulltimers - don't provide this insurance!! Help please. Any suggestions? TIA :oops:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Struggling with getting cover for full time touring (UK for now), American 'used' (smallish RV - 9 metres) registered here now since 2007, no fixed abode only correspondence address for post. As it is completely legal to live in MH in the UK and to choose not to have a fixed abode, I am gobsmacked that companies like Comfort and Caravan and Motorhome Club and a few others - recommended by fulltimers - don't provide this insurance!! Help please. Any suggestions? TIA :oops:
Hi and welcome to the Fun! :welco:

Comfort do provide fulltime insurance - but only if you play by their rules. :wink: Which I believe are van must be less than 10 years old when you buy it, and cost over £25,000. They will probably be prepared to stretch the rules a bit, as they were prepared to offer me fulltime insurance on a 2007 N+B earlier this year if I’d gone ahead with the purchase.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Goingforit

Goingforit

Free Member
Sep 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Thank you both. Will check out the thread.

Maz - Comfort will not insure older than 2005, value less than £25000, no fixed abode and an American RV as a full timer so that rules me out on all four counts! :(

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Thank you both. Will check out the thread.

Maz - Comfort will not insure older than 2005, value less than £25000, no fixed abode and an American RV as a full timer so that rules me out on all four counts! :(
As far as I know, even if you get a quote from other companies such as AIB for fulltime insurance, the policy will still be underwritten by Aviva, who presumably are the ones who set the rules?

OP
OP
Goingforit

Goingforit

Free Member
Sep 4, 2019
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Are Aviva the main 'insurance' company then for all the rest??? Thought they were different? Will try them. Surely people must be full timers and able to get insurance? Or option is to just give an address with more than one person living there as a permanent address and lie basically!!?? Did that for correspondence when I lived abroad (and bank, life cover, etc) - but struggling to get insurance for staying in the country??? People go off travelling to Europe for several years. I suppose they still have an address but I can't be the only who won't own bricks and mortar?? :confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back